• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Oh well, Dirt 3 it is then.....

User Info: _Disconsolated_

_Disconsolated_
9 years ago#11

Actually the review is pretty well spot on... its krap.

What are you on about? The review didn't say anything about the game.

Sorry but it is dull & uninspiring with poor handling,

Sure, blame the handling for your lack of skill.

very very very bad grafix

Wrong. It's not like graphics have any effect on how it's played anyway

terrible engine sounds and a very generic and ugly user interface with overly simplistic adjustment sliders.

Irrelevant

f trying to find something to like we ditched it and put DiRT on

If you like arcade racers, then obviously you won't like this game.

f that game is also not fun to play and is tedious (according to reviews

Reviews by people whose only gaming experiences are mario and brown FPS games.

User Info: stuarthanley

stuarthanley
9 years ago#12

_Disconsolated_ posted...

f that game is also not fun to play and is tedious (according to reviews

Reviews by people whose only gaming experiences are mario and brown FPS games.

the welcome screen leaves little doubt that the general level of presentation is going to be functional. In reality, it's worse than functional, given that some of the menu progression is irritatingly awkward.

by today's standards, every visual element within the game – be it roadside furniture, track surface detail or car models – is little more than passable

unless you're really into the sport it'll be hard to get yourself motivated; as a modern racing game WRC is seriously lacking the kind of glamour and spark now commonplace in the genre.

Presentation is definitely WRC's weak point, with bland environments, muddy textures and plenty of ugly graphical glitches.

Even saying it's a few years out of date would be doing it a favour, as in truth it looks more like an HD version of the PS2/Xbox era Colin McRae games.

you'll spend more time wondering why it doesn't look better than you will just enjoying the gameplay.

WRC FIA World Rally Championship delivers moments that are indisputably thrilling.

All of this was taken from "official" reviews for the game. Now, the last comment is a positive - it has "moments" that are thrilling.

For £40, I want more than moments.

I am in no way trying to say that this game is terrible. I do not own the game. All I am saying is that the "official" reviews that the game is getting are mediocre.... the player reviews the game is getting are mediocre.... unless you are a fanboy or you own the game and can see that sparkle that nobody else can, you cannot really comment on anymore than what the reviews are stating.

Reviews are there to allow people to make an informed choice (unless its GS, then the highest bidder wins!). It stops people from spending £40 ($60) on rubbish.

For those people that say you shouldn't listen to reviews.... I'm glad you can afford to go out and buy rubbish and then justify it by saying "its good once you look past the terrible graphics, poor handling, pop-ups, repetitiveness, poor controls, bad story" etc

User Info: captainvik

captainvik
9 years ago#13
I agree totally with your rationale stuartstanley. I have played the final version and indeed it is very poorly made/produced and is just a plain bad rally game.

I continue to come to this forum because initially i stated my opinion of the demo and copped all sorts of abuse because the 2 or 3 fanboi's here got there tender little feelings hurt.

Therefore after playing the finished version quite extensively I came back and slated the game for the rubbish it is as a follow up to my initial impressions.

I continue to get abused for disagreeing with a few people here and that drives me to continue to visit and post my thoughts in response to the fraternity here :)

But everything you said is entirely true and I too was a gamer in the 80's and quality of games/ graphics etc. is relative to the times. wrc fails in all categories not just graphics/sound.

The physics also is very poor, though easily mastered if you can be bothered to persevere with it, but then why bother as there are many other quality race games.

F1 2010 is excellent, despite a few bugs that will be patched. Not Rally of course, but a damn good race title worth the time and effort if you love motor racing games/sims like myself.

That is also the reason why I feel so strongly against rubbish like wrc being released after so much false promise. People on here exaggerating ( lie-ing ) about wrc being a good rally game fires me up to continue to refute their nonsense but probably not much point any longer as it will die a natural death and someone like Codemasters will pickup the rights to do the rally genre justice.

User Info: tomcatobitrice

tomcatobitrice
9 years ago#14
^^LMAO.....you actually think that your opinion is the only right one. LOL

WRC is a great RALLY game

F1 2010= an bug ridden mess(and thats to say it nicely) check out that board>>>>.

Codemasters dirt2= Worst RALLY game in a long time(like 2% of the game is true RALLY). But its a great non RALLY game.

Dont hold your breath on dirt 3 having more than 10% rally stages, unless you like unconsciousness.

<(*-*)> Banki!! Senbonsakura........ Scatter
"the jerk store called, and they're running out of you"

User Info: captainvik

captainvik
9 years ago#15
Hmmm poor ooooooo he is now repeating himself in multiple threads !

Silly little oooooooooooooooooooooooo

tomcatobitrice
9 years ago#16
^^^ How ironic...You just repeated yourself too.

You truly do sound very tired. You're not even trying anymore.

Maybe now you will leave. Fail more.

stuarthanley
9 years ago#17

I was wrong. The code in the box doesn't allow you the DLC for free....

therefore, these creators are as criminal as the rest of the robbing feckers!

User Info: josephjones23

josephjones23
9 years ago#18
well i just bought the game and have been playing it for a number of hours now. was a fan of all the other games and all the colin mcrae games too.

this is disappointing. i was shocked to see how bad the graphics and sound were. i know they are not everything but how can a game immerse you with crap like this. where are the clunks and squeeks from the cars transmition, where is the roar of the engine as you scream through the stages. where is the grass, the spectators anything that has a real texture.

handling on the front wheel drive cars is not great. i should know, i have done it in real life! four wheel drive cars are almost great but a little twitchy.

the tracks are too open with bland surroundings, there are not enough really windy technical sections or variety.

you cannot say this is a good rally game. it is close to being good, but it falls short in too many areas.

honestly i think colin mcrae 3 & 4 are better.

i'm a little curious as to how old ooooo is. because if he/she thinks this is good then go back and play some of the classics.
more imagination please

stuarthanley
9 years ago#19

I too bought the game today. I am a true rally fan and I am enjoying this game.... however....

The menu screens and graphics are truely awful

The graphics are very basic

the sound is very basic

I too have done "real" rallying as well as driven like a maniac on tight welsh roads for 17 years and do think the handling is very good..... but....

Colin Mcrae 4 & 5 are backward compatible with the Xbox 360 and nail the rally experience far better than this game

tomcatobitrice
9 years ago#20
I am 29 and i own Colin 04 and 2005. Love those games. I also own Dirt and Dirt 2.

Dirt is good but starts to go away from true rallying. Dirt 2 is such a disappointment for a rally gamer like me, its too arcadey but its still a good game just not a good rally game.

I like WRC alot because its 100% true rallying. I like the handling alot and the graphics are fine for me as i am not a graphics whore.

I also have Race Pro and love it and its graphics suck, but its the most realistic racing game on xbox360 by far and i love realism.

I also love Richard burns rally. Most realistic rally game on xbox by far but I have finished it like 5 times.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Oh well, Dirt 3 it is then.....
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A