• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill: Downpour
  3. Masahiro Ito confirms which ending of the original Silent Hill is canon.

User Info: ZoraPrincess

ZoraPrincess
7 years ago#1
SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST SILENT HILL AND OTHER SILENT HILLS IN THIS TOPIC

https://twitter.com/#!/adsk4/status/166074052367220736

We already knew that it was one of the two good endings. This finally puts her mystery to rest. It was already hinted at with Heather having the red liquid that would have been used on Cybil and Wheeler saying a police officer from Brahams disappeared. No more theorizing that she went underground or hiding. She's gone.
I hate farting

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
7 years ago#2
Not to stir up too much (because I don't actually disagree with him), but that's still his opinion, and he doesn't even work on Silent Hill anymore, last I've heard.

If a future game reveals she's alive or dead, that will canonize it. One former developer (who worked on monsters and background art in SH1) stating that he thinks she's dead isn't exactly canon.

It's more than we've got in the past, but still...
SWERY!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/rogueturnip/dinner.jpg

User Info: ZoraPrincess

ZoraPrincess
7 years ago#3
What you say is true. The developers of SH2 never confirmed whether Pyramid Head was supposed to be exclusive to SH2. However, Origins (The Painting of Pyramid head in Dahlia's House) and Homecoming, as canon entries of the series, has confirmed that he may and can.
I hate farting

User Info: spectermaster14

spectermaster14
7 years ago#4

Not to stir up too much (because I don't actually disagree with him), but that's still his opinion, and he doesn't even work on Silent Hill anymore, last I've heard.

He did work on Downpour's cover in some territories, if that counts.

If a future game reveals she's alive or dead, that will canonize it. One former developer (who worked on monsters and background art in SH1) stating that he thinks she's dead isn't exactly canon.

But we do still have some in-game confirmation of this. Wheeler did mention hearing about a cop vanishing in Silent Hill, seems pretty blatant in what it's hinting at.

Personally? I'm taking this as a confirmation just because some dudes I really dislike seem to think the Good+ ending was canon, and I've never understood how that ending makes sense in relation to SH3.

User Info: Zora_Prince

Zora_Prince
7 years ago#5
spectermaster14 posted...
He did work on Downpour's cover in some territories, if that counts.

But we do still have some in-game confirmation of this. Wheeler did mention hearing about a cop vanishing in Silent Hill, seems pretty blatant in what it's hinting at.

Personally? I'm taking this as a confirmation just because some dudes I really dislike seem to think the Good+ ending was canon, and I've never understood how that ending makes sense in relation to SH3.

Let me guys. It was the Twin Perfect dorks trying to say they know the Good+ ending was canon?
Currently playing and making love to: Bayonetta (PS3)
My current favorite video game. I recommend it to everyone, everywhere.

spectermaster14
7 years ago#6
It was. That obvious?

User Info: KneeSlappington

KneeSlappington
7 years ago#7
^ Yeah, TwinPerfect made a statement on their facebook page which led into a discussion of it. As usual it employed disregard for the most basic of common sense.

"So we just had a genius commenter make somewhat of a breakthrough on our TRSHE comment section. We are actually ashamed we never thought of this.
MegaBearsFan says: Actually, if "what happens to [Cybil] afterwords is up to the player's imaginations", then that would REQUIRE that the Good+ ending be canon. Because in the Good ending, she dies. There's no ambiguity to be left "up to%uFEFF the player's imaginations".

Hiroyuki Owaku says," What happens to Cybil is up to players' imaginations," and she doesn't live through the Good Ending."

And of course in your usual routine of damage control they started comments and blocking people.

Anyway, somebody went to Ito and asked him what they thought.

This is his twitter.
https://twitter.com/#!/adsk4

Here's his messageboard.
http://8226.teacup.com/hill_nobu/bbs?page=7&

And as usual TP had not a goddamned thing to say once that picture of Ito's reply was leaked.

User Info: KneeSlappington

KneeSlappington
7 years ago#8
*And of course in their usual routine* I mean

spectermaster14
7 years ago#9

"So we just had a genius commenter make somewhat of a breakthrough on our TRSHE comment section. We are actually ashamed we never thought of this.
MegaBearsFan says: Actually, if "what happens to [Cybil] afterwords is up to the player's imaginations", then that would REQUIRE that the Good+ ending be canon. Because in the Good ending, she dies. There's no ambiguity to be left "up to%uFEFF the player's imaginations".

Oh my lord, I despise these guys.

User Info: The_Zora_King

The_Zora_King
7 years ago#10
You know, I can't find the topic here anymore, but when their videos were first posted here, some prominent and well known board members here initially agreed with them. They've since then changed their mind and now hate them.
May Jubileus, the Creator, Grace You.
The Shadow Remains Cast!
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill: Downpour
  3. Masahiro Ito confirms which ending of the original Silent Hill is canon.
  • Topic Archived