• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. playing this before Witcher 3 for the first time - WOW this is bad

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
6 months ago#11
It is a great game, though some pompous jackasses might disagree.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Manormanmark

Manormanmark
5 months ago#12
LenDar22 posted...
I just got through the "Stealth" section.

Holy crap this game is so clunky and dreadful to play. I'm doing this for the context before getting into Witcher 3.

The "hot spots" are horrific. The AI is surreal for how awful it is. I can't even remember the last time I put up with a game that felt so clunky (combat is barely any fun).

I thought I was going to go through the first Witcher and this to get the full context. I watched a couple summaries of the first . . . man if the first game is even more rough to play than this I'm glad I skipped it! O_O

The story is kind of fun so far (finally hit Chapter 1). Everybody's uncouth which I have mixed feelings about - I guess the upshot is that it's a slice of life.

It's no wonder nobody in mainstream gaming really talks about the first 2 games and it feels like a shame that enduring these are necessary to get the context of the legendary Witcher 3, which I got so tired of hearing everyone rave about that I have to finally do it, and do it as "right" as I can stand.

Just . . . WOW. I can't believe this was released as recently as 2012!!!

Witcher 3 better be worth it >:-3

Everyone loved it when it came out on pc. Mainstream gaming post 2k14 doesnt talk about It cuz its last gen and mainstream gamers are a bunch of soft boys. When it dropped it was huge

User Info: LenDar22

LenDar22
5 months ago#13
Manormanmark posted...
Everyone loved it when it came out on pc. Mainstream gaming post 2k14 doesnt talk about It cuz its last gen and mainstream gamers are a bunch of soft boys. When it dropped it was huge
I'm enjoying Halo: Reach for the first time just fine.

The detail of the graphics is really impressive. It saddened me to feel like so much time and effort went into building this thing where the overall direction just looked so janky, lacking vision. All the decision-making stuff is unique and kind of impressive too.

The rest just feels unbelievably lacking in polish.
There's such a thing as Metal Gear Solid . . . "haters"?! <storms out the door with a big sword>
SSBB Friend Code: 4683-4581-0319

User Info: PeglLegJoe428

PeglLegJoe428
5 months ago#14
Sheesh I can’t believe how many of you can’t get the hang of combat. I started playing this game when I was a teenager and put it on the hardest difficulty cause of the armor sets you get on Dark mode. The combat can be damn near elegant if you actually learn it, but smashing the attack buttons will and should quickly lead to death. Learn the effects and animations, keep your Quinn up, and MOVE! Don’t just try to block blows or walk through enemies, early game is unforgiving.
---All Hail gandob "KotOR = most game ever"---
GT: pegleg

User Info: hawkwind_dragon

hawkwind_dragon
5 months ago#15
I've started playing over again and getting more into using the ability's much more as I get use to the game controls. I'll have to get into harder modes, did like Dark Souls a lot.

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
5 months ago#16
PeglLegJoe428 posted...
Sheesh I can’t believe how many of you can’t get the hang of combat. I started playing this game when I was a teenager and put it on the hardest difficulty cause of the armor sets you get on Dark mode. The combat can be damn near elegant if you actually learn it, but smashing the attack buttons will and should quickly lead to death. Learn the effects and animations, keep your Quinn up, and MOVE! Don’t just try to block blows or walk through enemies, early game is unforgiving.
You're mistaking people who think the combat is crap with people who suck at it.

Sure, you can be good at the combat and deal with its deficiencies. Doesn't mean it's actually good. Feels very stuff, clunky and not fluid at all imo. W3's combat has its own problems but it's a significant upgrade from this.
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable

User Info: hawkwind_dragon

hawkwind_dragon
5 months ago#17
I did play on easy coz I wanted to get through the story but you didn't make use of anything much, spells, potions and crafting. New game in dark is more fun do a lot more. The game runs good on the 360 loaded onto the hard drive, which is what it was made for.

User Info: RyanBraun8

RyanBraun8
5 months ago#18
Combat is far from perfect, obviously a step down from 3 (and a huge step up from the first game) but I have never seen it as some impenetrable deal breaker. Just watch a story recap and scurry off to play 3 on normal I suppose.
March to the scaffold

User Info: Xuande12

Xuande12
3 months ago#19
Playing TW2 on a PC is a whole different experience than playing it on Xbox. I didn’t like it when I first played it on Xbox because I felt it was too clunky and slow but then I later played it on PC and I couldn’t get enough of it and would give it a 10/10.

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
2 months ago#20
Xuande12 posted...
Playing TW2 on a PC is a whole different experience than playing it on Xbox. I didn’t like it when I first played it on Xbox because I felt it was too clunky and slow but then I later played it on PC and I couldn’t get enough of it and would give it a 10/10.
Interesting to hear. I picked it up (with TW1) for like $1 on PC recently and have been open to giving it another shot after playing TW1 the first time. I'm at least somewhat optimistic I'll have a better time with it. Also might try some mods; some say it infinitely improves the game.
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. playing this before Witcher 3 for the first time - WOW this is bad
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How to beat Draug boss? Enemy/Boss4 Answers
Where can I find?Gadwall potion or formula Side Quest1 Answer
Where is Madame Margot? Side Quest1 Answer
Junk Items? General4 Answers
Wheres the DLC for this game? General1 Answer