• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. I cannot die. This is a glitch how do i fix?

User Info: legionisvegas

legionisvegas
7 years ago#1
So I only noticed this somewhere around the quest "From the Bygone Era".

I had a fight with the operator and basically my health depleted yet I was still able to fight. I just sat there and spammed him with hits until he died. I took tons of damage but I didn't die. I reloaded and just went off to do the Gargoyle contract. Fought some gargoyles and again my health fully depleted and I did not die.

How do I fix this? Is this a known glitch?

User Info: th3warr1or

th3warr1or
7 years ago#2
Known glitch. Only occurs in Act 3. Cannot be fixed.
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!

legionisvegas
7 years ago#3
^^so bro. Will this cause complications down the road? Do you know how or what causes this glitch?

User Info: legolas95

legolas95
7 years ago#4
Just reload every time you "die." Thats what I did.

th3warr1or
7 years ago#5
legionisvegas posted...
^^so bro. Will this cause complications down the road? Do you know how or what causes this glitch?

No complications, nothing gamebreaking, but it does take the challenge out.
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
7 years ago#6
I'd actually consider that game breaking. You are better off restarting.
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn

th3warr1or
7 years ago#7
DarkSymbiote posted...

There is no guarantee that you won't run into the glitch after a restart. I ran into it on two consecutive playthroughs.

I'd say gamebreaking is something like being unable to finish the game. Suddenly the game being easy because you're immortal isn't exactly that.

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
7 years ago#8
th3warr1or posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

There is no guarantee that you won't run into the glitch after a restart. I ran into it on two consecutive playthroughs.

I'd say gamebreaking is something like being unable to finish the game. Suddenly the game being easy because you're immortal isn't exactly that.

Well, most of us won't really enjoy the combat that way. How many would enjoy Devil May Cry if Dante couldn't die? Basically you wouldn't need to think.
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn

th3warr1or
7 years ago#9
DarkSymbiote posted...
th3warr1or posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Well, most of us won't really enjoy the combat that way. How many would enjoy Devil May Cry if Dante couldn't die? Basically you wouldn't need to think.

If you've got sufficient self-control, reload every time you run out of health. That's basically what dying does.

If you can't be bothered to reload, then odds are you don't really care about the challenge anyway.

Probably just a matter of definition, but I only consider game-breaking when it hinders progression. E.g., Immortal Boss.

legionisvegas
7 years ago#10
Okay, little update guys. I did some research online and in various other forums. I also did some experimenting with the game and found out what causes it and how to fix it.

So apparently the glitch is caused during the mission "Bring it On: Loc Muinne" It's where you have to arm wrestle that guy the Mighty Numa.

So what I was doing, in order to get double the xp-- you lose the arm wrestling fight and then insult Numa. He tries to fight you. Once you beat him in a fight, you re-wrestle him and you can dispatch him very easily in the arm wrestling match. This nets you like an extra 50 or 100 xp (i can't remember). However, in doing this, the game messes up somehow and when you run out of life during battle you simply don't die.

My first thought was to avoid that mission completely. There is a way, however, to get around this glitch and completing the arm wrestling mission.

If you talk to Numa's little skinny buddy next to him you'll see he sells Anabolic Steriods. This is how Numa win's fights. All you must simply do is, before speaking with Numa; buy the steriods, go to the drink potion screen and drink them, then beat Numa without engaging in a fist fight.

I tested my theory out by reloading an old save and testing all aspects of this. I lost about an hour of gameplay but that was okay.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. I cannot die. This is a glitch how do i fix?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find?Gadwall potion or formula Side Quest1 Answer
How to beat Draug boss? Enemy/Boss4 Answers
Where is Madame Margot? Side Quest1 Answer
Where can I find iron frame for kayran trap ? Side Quest2 Answers
Junk Items? General4 Answers