• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Journey
  3. Is there a generally accepted way to communicate..
speedystampedee 8 years ago#11
Does anyone on this board know how to write in the sand?
Kaisha_ku 8 years ago#12
You can write in the snow, but it is kind of difficult to do in the sand. The three places I like to write are-

Just as you enter the snow level, turn around and go back towards the tower. In that little hallway is nice
Just before you climb into the light
In the snow glitch under the fake tower in that big flat snowfield.
Devin Austra 8 years ago#13
speedystampedee posted...
darkangel76 posted...
They chirp at you after being attacked by the stone serpents because it supposedly helps you recover faster. Notice you move really slowly after being attacked.

Also, the scarf symbols don't regenerate. You each have one in the same spot, and you can only see (and pick up) your own. I've led people to symbols I've already picked up and seen the same golden sparkles appear that lengthened my own scarf float around them when they picked up theirs.

Are you sure? Because I got the symbol at the top of the tower during the desert level, then waited for my companion while he bounced around waiting for that symbol to appear. Perhaps i'm seeing a mirage?

Positive. If you'd just met that player in that level, they may have collected it already. Many players don't collect them I. The same order as others. Or maybe they didn't want to collect it. Some players do that too.
speedystampedee 8 years ago#14
Kaisha_ku posted...
You can write in the snow, but it is kind of difficult to do in the sand. The three places I like to write are-

Just as you enter the snow level, turn around and go back towards the tower. In that little hallway is nice

There's a large flat snowfield with a stone in the center that someone led me to. She told me to hop up there and proceeded to write. I thought she wrote "goal" and had no idea what she meant. I say "she" because in the snow at the end, she drew the sign and then waited for me to do the same.
Runlolarun 8 years ago#15
Kaisha_ku posted...

I played a couple of days ago for my second time (I'm a late comer to the game) and I played with the same person the whole way through. They were so helpful and nice and at the end before walking into the light they drew a heart in the snow. It took my breath away and I found it to be incredibly touching. I started to cry. So, yeah communicating in the snow works.
PSN: risingsaints
dctalk 8 years ago#16
Runlolarun posted...
Kaisha_ku posted...

I played a couple of days ago for my second time (I'm a late comer to the game) and I played with the same person the whole way through. They were so helpful and nice and at the end before walking into the light they drew a heart in the snow. It took my breath away and I found it to be incredibly touching. I started to cry. So, yeah communicating in the snow works.

This just happened to me as well, my companion drew a heart before walking into the light. I wonder if this is commonplace or is that player's signature.
darkangel76 8 years ago#17
Lots of players do that. It's the easiest way to say " Thanks, I had a great time playing with you." I've seen some that try to write out their names or initials, but the camera zooms out as they get too far from me while writing and I can't read it anyway.
I wanted Mike Pence out of my state's governor's chair, but Vice President of the United States was NOT what I had in mind.
Klop_Job 8 years ago#18
I've had some people draw a penis and balls to me in the sand at the end. Hehe.
obliviondoll 8 years ago#19
dctalk posted...
Runlolarun posted...
Kaisha_ku posted...

This just happened to me as well, my companion drew a heart before walking into the light. I wonder if this is commonplace or is that player's signature.

This is pretty common.

I do it a lot, and have seen it done quite a few times by various people.

It's fun, one of the first times I did it, my partner traced over my heart, then stood next to me and jumped away, then drew their own heart where they landed, so I walked over and traced over theirs like they had with mine before we walked into the light together.
"I want my meals to think for myself"
obliviondoll 8 years ago#20
Forgot to address the actual topic here... oops...

Half the fun, for me at least, is meeting a stranger and trying to work out what they're saying. If everyone spoke the same "language" in Journey, it would eliminate a major part of the game's replay value.

I communicate differently when I'm drunk or when I'm sober, when I've come into the game in a good or bad mood, when I've just woken up, or am about to head to bed, or am wide awake in the middle of the night.
"I want my meals to think for myself"
  1. Boards
  2. Journey
  3. Is there a generally accepted way to communicate..
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A