• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  3. Funny. The Fairy's Fountain music is actually from...

User Info: Master Of Majora

Master Of Majora
8 years ago#1
... Super Mario Bros. 3.

I just played SMB3 again. When I got to Water Land (World 3), I realized that I recognized the music on the map screen. The melody has actually been re-used in every Zelda game (I think) between ALttP and TP, at the File Selection screen and in the Fairy's Fountain caves.

Amazing. I have played both SMB3 and the Zelda games for many years, and I just found this. Did anyone else noticed it?
Now playing: Resident Evil 0, Majora's Mask,
Animal Crossing - Let's Go to the City.

User Info: Deku_Link

Deku_Link
8 years ago#2
Kind of the same thing with Majora's Mask Music Box House and Super Mario 64's Merry-Go-Round. Though, I'm sure everyone knew about those already.
The Official Marth of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Board
Not changing this sig until there is a Majora's Mask 3DS remake.

User Info: SShredder565

SShredder565
8 years ago#3
Yeah I noticed that as well. Are you sure no Zelda game before ALttP used it though? I didn't play the original Legend of Zelda or Adventure of Link, so I wouldn't know.

User Info: eponastar

eponastar
8 years ago#4
Didn't Koji Kondo compose both of them?
Official Wendy Oldbag and Adrian Andrews of the Wright Versus Layton board
25 Picarats

User Info: Catcher_Freeman

Catcher_Freeman
8 years ago#5
Mind = blown
Swagodile's alt.

Master Of Majora
8 years ago#6
Yeah, I knew about the Music Box House thing, although I played MM for a few years before I noticed it.

Koji Kondi is indeed the composer of them all. It could be a nice Easter Egg if it was used just once (like the SM64/MM melody), but the Water Land/Fairy's Fountain music has been used in many Zelda games now.

User Info: Iokua

Iokua
8 years ago#7
They're not the same music. The share a similar melody and progression, however the songs are not the same, it's just a musician falling upon familiar tendencies.
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.

Master Of Majora
8 years ago#8
Yeah, I mean melody, not music. I am a musician myself, so I know what you mean.

User Info: ShadowWraith666

ShadowWraith666
8 years ago#9
The music in the Cave level on Pokemon Snap had the same background as the Fairy's Fountain music, too. I think. It has been many years since I played Snap, but I distinctly remember that "Wait a minute" feeling of recognition.

Every time I hear a little musical easter egg in a game I nerd all over the floor.
"Soup or salad?"
"WHAT THE DEVIL IS A SUPER SALAD!?"

User Info: Takfloyd_mkII__

Takfloyd_mkII__
8 years ago#10
They're not the same music. The share a similar melody and progression, however the songs are not the same, it's just a musician falling upon familiar tendencies.

By "similar", do you mean "exactly the same"? Because that's what they are. Just like the main Zelda theme is the same song in each game, even though it's different versions.

Anyway, I guess most people knew about this already, but I bet a lot of you hadn't noticed this related fact:

The title screen music in Ocarina of Time is the Magic Flute from SMB3
Signature change in progress... Please wait.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  3. Funny. The Fairy's Fountain music is actually from...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers