• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pilotwings Resort
  3. Tips on finding stuff in Free Flight Mode

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
7 years ago#1
Even though GameFAQs features some maps of Wuhu Island and the locations of each balloon, Mii Trophy, stunt, gold and information rings, they can be a little hard to read, especially when the map is fairly big, and lots of things are so close together.

With the exception of the information ring locations, which can be found on both maps and on the FAQs here, it can still be a little tricky to find everything else, since they're not numbered, and neither the game nor any FAQ shows you their exact location whether you found it or not.

I DO have a few tips on how you might be able to find what you're missing, with the help of these maps.

General tips:

• Mii Trophies ARE NEVER found over water, or on the sides of stray islands. They are found on solid ground only.
• Gold rings are outdoors only, you won't find any in any caves or tunnels.
• Stunt rings do not follow the rules of either the gold rings or Mii Trophies, they can be found in tunnels and caves, and can be over water or on the sides of stray islands. Check everywhere.
• Many balloons can be found in groupings of 2 or 3, which are all obtained with a different vehicle.

With those tips in mind, you SHOULD be able to find more of these things.

But, if you're like me, you'll eventually find yourself pulling your hair out searching for a random balloon/trophy/ring that seems to be eluding you.

So, here are some more tips for finding those last things:

1. Check the perimeter of ALL the stray islands. Sometimes what you're looking for likes to hide on the side you didn't check.
2. For the hang glider, some gold rings and balloons like to be WAY OUT in the middle of nowhere. Try flying around over the ocean for awhile, you just may find something you won't expect.
3. For balloons, use a different vehicle for one round of flying. If you find a grayed-out balloon, make note of it and come back with a different vehicle. Sometimes the grayed-out balloons are easier to notice.
4. If what you're looking for may be on Wedge Island, it might be best to use a super vehicle (Turbo Jet, Super Rocket Belt) to get there, it'll get you there quicker and will allow you more time to look for things there.
5. If all else fails, go back to the maps here on GameFAQs and check EVERY SINGLE balloon/trophy/ring. It takes time and gets frustrating, but eventually you'll find everything.

Good luck finding what you're missing. :3

User Info: Swan3624

Swan3624
6 years ago#2
These are some very helpful tips! Definitely good for newcomers :)
Currently playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger DS, Final Fantasy
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
6 years ago#3
Thanks!

I was going to make a tip thread on landing each vehicle, but even I'm still having trouble with them, especially the Turbo Jet. -_-
  1. Boards
  2. Pilotwings Resort
  3. Tips on finding stuff in Free Flight Mode
  • Topic Archived