• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 7
  3. Full Character Stats

User Info: parkourboybryan

parkourboybryan
9 years ago#1
These stats are taken directly from the Prima Guide, which states that there are other hidden statistics other than the five shown on the character select screen. My posts will be broken up into 6 different posts starting at Stat Explanations, Chassis Stats, Wheel Stats, Glider Stats, Character Stats, and Useful Combinations. Keep in mind that I can't see the stats on the screen, so I can't use the +.25 or -.25 like pikachu936 used in his posts. My stat explanations will be on a different range going from: Very Low, Low, Mid-Low, Medium, Mid-High, High, and Very High. Keep in mind that if a part has very low drift, pairing it with a Medium drift part will stack to put it at a Mid-High drift stat. Please don't post until I finish with the "Useful Combinations" portion, but if you see a mistake, PM me and I will change it promptly. Onto the Stat Explanations.
N3DS: 2578-3112-7023 GT: ParkourBoyBryan PSN: parkourboy16
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2

User Info: Iamplayer01

Iamplayer01
9 years ago#2
i guess you forgot to post the rest

parkourboybryan
9 years ago#3
Portion 1: Stat Explanations.
This post details the 12 stats you encounter, how they effect the game, how important they are, and where they are the most useful.

Weight: This stat is self explanatory, the more you weigh, the less other racers can bump you around and vice versa. Another unseen aspect of weight is that a heavier character will often glide faster, but will not glide as far, while lighter characters will glide slower, but can cover more ground and can turn easier in the air.

Speed (Land): This is the maximum top speed your kart can reach while on dry land. If you are on levels without manditory glider sections or sea parts (SNES Rainbow Road, Wuhu Loop) than this stat will prove very useful provided you can maintain your speed.

Speed (Sea): This is the top speed your kart can reach when driving through the underwater portions in levels. In levels where there are a lot of underwater sections (Cheep Cheep Cape, Koopa Beach, Bowser's Castle), this stat can be more beneficial than land speed.

Speed (Sky): This is the speed your kart will be at while in the air. If you trick off the jump, you will get a temporary speed boost, but when that wears off, this is the same speed you will travel while in the air.

(Continued Next Post)

parkourboybryan
9 years ago#4
Acceleration: This determines the amount of time it takes for your kart to go from its bottom speed to top speed, useful if you're a beginner, or if you like to gain a quick lead in the beginning of a race.

Handling (Land): This is how tight your kart turns when just using the circle pad and not drifting, higher stat, easier to pull sharp turns.

Handling (Sea): This is how tight your kart turns when in underwater portions. As I have observed, this stat is of little importance due to the fact that the lower gravity and floaty jumps gives you less time on the ocean floor.

Handling (Sky): This is how easily you can turn while you are gliding. While not entirely important, on levels with long gliding sections (Rock Rock Mountain, Shy Guy Bazaar, Rainbow Road), having a good handling stat can help you cut seconds off of your time by weaving in and out of obstacles.

(Continued Next Post).

User Info: vyseskies

vyseskies
9 years ago#5
sorry my bad engrish
Every fighting game has in its inner nature the competitive desire, despite how many flaws the game has.

User Info: Supa_Freeza

Supa_Freeza
9 years ago#6
...An unexpected error has occured, unable to locate system file stats.mk7

Please restart the computer system and try again

User Info: WayoshiM

WayoshiM
9 years ago#7
I know you said wait to post, but you're taking awhile and... yeah. :P

What's going to be really important is if there is a strong distinction between drift and handling, and mini-turbos
I...don't know what to say here. :|
YT - http://www.youtube.com/user/WayoshiM

parkourboybryan
9 years ago#8
Off-Road: A higher stat in this means that your kart will lose less speed when not driving on the main road. This also can boost your speed when driving on roads made out of dirt or ice.

Mini Turbo: The higher this stat is, the longer your boost from drifting will last. This is important for keeping your top speed, and if you have a lower speed, mini turbo is important because it will keep you going quickly.

Stability: This stat determines how much you bounce around the road, and how quickly you recover when bumped by a heavier character.

Drift: This is how tight your kart turns whilst drifting (hopping into a turn), this stat is mostly useful on courses with thinner roads or sharp turns (Anything in the star or lightning cup).

This concludes the stat explanations, the next portion is the chassis statistics.

parkourboybryan
9 years ago#9
Kart Stats: The karts don't add as much stats as the wheels do, but they can offer a little bit of diversity that can make the difference. So while a lot of stats may be on the low or very low side, keep in mind that the wheels will supplement any stats that you think may be low.
Karts can't add to stability so I won't even bother to mention them.

Standard Kart
Weight: Low
Speed (Land): Medium
Speed (Sea): Mid-Low
Speed (Sky): Low
Acceleration: Mid-Low
Handling: Mid-Low
Handling (Sea): Very Low
Handling (Sky): Very Low
Off-Road: Low
Mini-Turbo: Low
Drift: Low