This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Downloading 2 acnl? Respond asap!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Downloading 2 acnl? Respond asap!

User Info: FlowerryPott

FlowerryPott
1 week ago#11
It was the opposite way round. First I purchased the new WA copy and downloaded it. Then my eldest clued me in on the proper way to re-download my old digital copy that I had purchased before. So when I re-downloaded that old copy the correct way (i.e. not through the e-shop as I had assumed was the way to do it, because it had worked already for Fantasy Life), it worked just fine and caused no problems.

So the new WA version was already on the system when I added the old but updated ("updated" in the sense that the WA update was still on my system, i.e. I didn't lose everything on my console due to the bad system transfer; my streetpass mii plaza stuff was still there as well as the WA update) version. Dunno if that makes a difference, but just in case.

I wouldn't feel safe recommending any course of action to you - naturally only you can best decide something like this - except that if you do decide to get that other digital copy just be sure to back up your SD card first. (And as general advice, also back up your SD card before doing a system transfer. *sob*)
Slainte! Cead mile failte!

User Info: Magpiecrossing

Magpiecrossing
1 week ago#12
FlowerryPott posted...
It was the opposite way round. First I purchased the new WA copy and downloaded it. Then my eldest clued me in on the proper way to re-download my old digital copy that I had purchased before. So when I re-downloaded that old copy the correct way (i.e. not through the e-shop as I had assumed was the way to do it, because it had worked already for Fantasy Life), it worked just fine and caused no problems.

So the new WA version was already on the system when I added the old but updated ("updated" in the sense that the WA update was still on my system, i.e. I didn't lose everything on my console due to the bad system transfer; my streetpass mii plaza stuff was still there as well as the WA update) version. Dunno if that makes a difference, but just in case.

I wouldn't feel safe recommending any course of action to you - naturally only you can best decide something like this - except that if you do decide to get that other digital copy just be sure to back up your SD card first. (And as general advice, also back up your SD card before doing a system transfer. *sob*)

Good raibh maith agat! (Assuming you speak irish from your signature lol) I've decided I'm dropping by gamestop tomorrow instead. I wouldn't like to risk it
FC:5344-2459-7172
"Kim crying is litteraly the funniest thing ever"-Kourtney Kardashian

Magpiecrossing
1 week ago#13
Realising my great decision to wait a bit before downloading
"Kim crying is litteraly the funniest thing ever"-Kourtney Kardashian

User Info: FlowerryPott

FlowerryPott
1 week ago#14
Magpiecrossing posted...

Good raibh maith agat! (Assuming you speak irish from your signature lol),

LOL, if only! I'm a Californian - a LONG way from Ireland.

Magpiecrossing posted...
I've decided I'm dropping by gamestop tomorrow instead. I wouldn't like to risk it

Good decision! And if you can find a used cart with the town still on it, you get to do a bit of plundering as well! *cackle*
Slainte! Cead mile failte!

Magpiecrossing
1 week ago#15
FlowerryPott posted...
Magpiecrossing posted...

Good raibh maith agat! (Assuming you speak irish from your signature lol),

LOL, if only! I'm a Californian - a LONG way from Ireland.

Magpiecrossing posted...
I've decided I'm dropping by gamestop tomorrow instead. I wouldn't like to risk it

Good decision! And if you can find a used cart with the town still on it, you get to do a bit of plundering as well! *cackle*

LOL,I'd honestly ruin the town before I restart MUAHAHAHA
"Kim crying is litteraly the funniest thing ever"-Kourtney Kardashian Mayor Magpie of Yoshies Mayor Chanel of dream
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Happy1912

Happy1912
1 week ago#16
Personally, I have both Original ACNL and WA games on my O3DS.

However, I haven’t tried doing system transfer. I’ve moved my main ACNL town from cart to a my 3DS XL so if I need a system transfer in the future I’ll know I won’t lose anything important. Just use the two towns as cycle towns or something.
FC 0361-6489-6518 Animal Crossing CB http://goo.gl/Q7QKaS 3DS XL FC 3755-2065-2060 Switch FC SW-1289-7377-4301

User Info: fangirl_squee

fangirl_squee
6 days ago#17
For my 2 digital copies I first downloaded ACNL on launch and then updated when WA came out. When the original version was removed from the eshop I downloaded the WA version from the eshop. Each copy has it's own separate town (although I did transfer data from a cartridge to the WA copy).

StreetPass still works with other 3DS'. Two towns on the same system can't tag or visit each other unfortunately. Whichever town I played last is the one that pops up in other people's showcase. However, whichever town I play first will get the StreetPass tag and only my Welcome Amiibo copy glows green for some reason. However if I have a ACNL cartridge in that one will glow green as well. I do get the blue SpotPass notifications on both copies though.

If memory serves correct, I have done 2 system transfers since downloading my 2nd digital copy and both times all of the data transferred correctly. I've done quite a few transfers over the years and have never *knocks on wood* had a problem. As said above the icons are different so to your 3ds they are 2 different games.
DA: 4F00-0012-5617 (hamster town), 4F00-0026-1DD3 (sanrio town) & 5B00-000F-5AF1.
ACPC FC: 5270-8125-994

Magpiecrossing
6 days ago#18
Thank you everyone! I just got the gemail at argos yay!
"Kim crying is litteraly the funniest thing ever"-Kourtney Kardashian Mayor Magpie of Yoshies Mayor Chanel of dream
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Downloading 2 acnl? Respond asap!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.