This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Downloading 2 acnl? Respond asap!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Downloading 2 acnl? Respond asap!

User Info: Magpiecrossing

Magpiecrossing
1 week ago#1
So I have downloaded acnl on the 3ds a while back. But I want two towns so I was gonna get a cartridge but I asked myself what if I could download it twice? So I went on the eshop and it let's me but I don't want to do it before I ask a question.
.Will it delete the data on the first one?
I downloaded the game before the welcome amiibo update and updated when the update came out. It doesn't have the plus on the acnl icon but it's definitely updated. I have the campsite and everything
Help!
FC:5344-2459-7172
"Kim crying is litteraly the funniest thing ever"-Kourtney Kardashian
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: maryfran

maryfran
1 week ago#2
You might be able to have more than one digital game on one system, but they wouldn't be able to communicate with each other or visit. I have a system with a digital game and a cartridge game, but this is only so I can play both of those games with my other system. Hope that helps.
Mayor Buttons @ Nakatosh.....DC-5E00-00EC-7AFB

Magpiecrossing
1 week ago#3
maryfran posted...
You might be able to have more than one digital game on one system, but they wouldn't be able to communicate with each other or visit. I have a system with a digital game and a cartridge game, but this is only so I can play both of those games with my other system. Hope that helps.

Thank you! I don't need them to be able to visit. I'm guessing that it's safe? I'm go for it >_<
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: katysu

katysu
1 week ago#4
I think you can only have one digital version of the game on a console.

This thread has extra info, in particular #6 but I don't see how that works.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/76716350

A lot of players have one digital copy and a 2nd copy of the game as a cart - the cart game saves to the cart and the digital to the SD card. You can't visit between them and you have to chose one which will streetpass other games. The cart game is a select so reasonable.

Magpiecrossing
1 week ago#5
katysu posted...
I think you can only have one digital version of the game on a console.

This thread has extra info, in particular #6 but I don't see how that works.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/76716350

A lot of players have one digital copy and a 2nd copy of the game as a cart - the cart game saves to the cart and the digital to the SD card. You can't visit between them and you have to chose one which will streetpass other games. The cart game is a select so reasonable.

@katysu Thanks for the link! That's interesting. I bought it way before the WA update then updated it. I'm not sure if it's safe or not because I could,but what if it like blocks me from the other one ughh
(edited 1 week ago)
I didn't think you could have 2 digital of the same game on one 3DS. I don't blame you for being weary.

I recently went get me a cartridge to have a second town. My digital town has been here since day one and I can not bring myself to start over on it. I never even got all the gold badges yet but don't wanna have to do all that all over. I will forever be stuck on the silver streetpass badge as I will never ever meet that many people(1000) who play in the little area I am in (was shocked I even got to silver with 300 tags).

The cartridge was used and only $15. I can even visit my digital town if I borrow one of my kids 3ds xD. Personally I wouldn't risk the digital purchase.

For the person, fangirl_squee, who did do it, I wonder if they purchased then updated original or if the original was updated and then they purchased. Being that it obviously has 2 different icons, it does lead one to think that you can indeed have the original updated (green with white leaf) and the welcome amiibo one (white with green leaf and flair)
Merenwen@KendDumo or Kana@Chard FC 1263-6319-4329
(edited 1 week ago)
(message deleted)

Magpiecrossing
1 week ago#8
MerenwenHelyane posted...
I didn't think you could have 2 digital of the same game on one 3DS. I don't blame you for being weary.

I recently went get me a cartridge to have a second town. My digital town has been here since day one and I can not bring myself to start over on it. I never even got all the gold badges yet but don't wanna have to do all that all over. I will forever be stuck on the silver streetpass badge as I will never ever meet that many people(1000) who play in the little area I am in (was shocked I even got to silver with 300 tags).

The cartridge was used and only $15. I can even visit my digital town if I borrow one of my kids 3ds xD. Personally I wouldn't risk the digital purchase.

For the person, fangirl_squee, who did do it, I wonder if they purchased then updated original or if the original was updated and then they purchased. Being that it obviously has 2 different icons, it does lead one to think that you can indeed have the original updated (green with white leaf) and the welcome amiibo one (white with green leaf and flair)

YeahI might just have to wait -_- I wish I wasn't do impatient. Now I don't think ill do it
EDIT:Hopefully going to gamestop tomorrow to see if they have it
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: FlowerryPott

FlowerryPott
1 week ago#9
Okay, I'll add my story:

I have two digital copies on one console. However, it happened due to a botched system transfer. The transfer screwed up somehow and I lost my digital town. When I got the system back up and running, I downloaded my previously-purchased copy of Fantasy Life from the e-shop. Assuming the process was the same for ACNL, I tried to download again from the e-shop but it was the normal purchase process.

Because I was upset and agitated at the bad transfer and at losing my town that I loved, I just went ahead and bought a new one from the e-shop. Literally 5 minutes later, my eldest came in and explained that a re-download of ACNL was done a completely different way. (I'm an oldster and don't understand all this high-falutin' new-fangled technology stuff.)

So I re-downloaded my original digital purchase the correct way and that's how I ended up with two digital towns. One is the WA version of ACNL (that's the one I purchased again) and the other is the updated version of old ACNL.

At first, I worried that one would corrupt the other or somehow one would make the other unusable, but that hasn't happened; they both act as completely normal towns and neither affects the other. This mishap occurred almost a year ago and the console and both games have been fine since then.
Slainte! Cead mile failte!

Magpiecrossing
1 week ago#10
FlowerryPott posted...
Okay, I'll add my story:

I have two digital copies on one console. However, it happened due to a botched system transfer. The transfer screwed up somehow and I lost my digital town. When I got the system back up and running, I downloaded my previously-purchased copy of Fantasy Life from the e-shop. Assuming the process was the same for ACNL, I tried to download again from the e-shop but it was the normal purchase process.

Because I was upset and agitated at the bad transfer and at losing my town that I loved, I just went ahead and bought a new one from the e-shop. Literally 5 minutes later, my eldest came in and explained that a re-download of ACNL was done a completely different way. (I'm an oldster and don't understand all this high-falutin' new-fangled technology stuff.)

So I re-downloaded my original digital purchase the correct way and that's how I ended up with two digital towns. One is the WA version of ACNL (that's the one I purchased again) and the other is the updated version of old ACNL.

At first, I worried that one would corrupt the other or somehow one would make the other unusable, but that hasn't happened; they both act as completely normal towns and neither affects the other. This mishap occurred almost a year ago and the console and both games have been fine since then.

@FlowerryPott Oh no, now idk what to do. So everything worked fine when you downloaded the new WA one even with your old but updated version?
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Downloading 2 acnl? Respond asap!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.