This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there going to be a new AC game in the foreseeable future?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Is there going to be a new AC game in the foreseeable future?

User Info: fisheye11

fisheye11
5 months ago#1
I'm thinking of getting back into and restarting this. Unless there's another AC on the way. Then I might as well wait because I'm sure the community will move to the new one. Has anything been announced?
PSN: fisheye11
Excuses are the lies we tell everyone we know... including ourselves.~Masterless Knight~

User Info: sickbullet

sickbullet
5 months ago#2
Nothing has been announced, maybe during their next Nintendo Direct we'll hear something.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/OriginalNG?type=posted
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-CTcnNyNuohIAPDw-JnFwg

User Info: Lightgamer

Lightgamer
5 months ago#3
I expect the next mainline animal crossing game to be announced for the SWITCH soon. It’s been several years since New Leaf, and a couple years from their last spin off.

fisheye11
5 months ago#4
I'm going ahead and jumping back in. Sad thing is that Nintendo removed the version I had bought on the eShop. So I have to re-buy the game. Thankfully it's only $20 and not $40.

I'm thinking of getting a Switch before the year is over for Smash. So it'd be cool if they released an AC game on the Switch.
Excuses are the lies we tell everyone we know... including ourselves.~Masterless Knight~

User Info: TheHeroOfTime

TheHeroOfTime
5 months ago#5
They didn't even say if they were working on a new Animal Crossing or not, that upsets me.
3ds FC 2535-3641-8974,Smash Main-Link/Toon Link
Match in the Gas Tank, Boom Boom!- Gilbert Grape

User Info: sharinganfan

sharinganfan
5 months ago#6
@fisheye11 if you go all the way to the left on the main menu of the eshop, it will have something like your account as an option. In there you can find a list of everything you ever purchased/downloaded and can redownload the old version there.
If you put super glue in a none stick pan, which one is lying?
youtube.com/sirclud

User Info: Happy1912

Happy1912
5 months ago#7
To be honest we all thought they were going to announce a AC mainline game at E3.

Sadly, they didn’t do that however, as much as Nintendo is unpredictable they still can announce something if at all later in the year.

Maybe they are giving Pocket Camp some limelight before they announce anything. I’ve sporadically played Pocket Camp. It’s beginning to be a chore with events left and right.

I’d personally like to hold on to the fact that it’s still a small chance it can be announced later this year. I don’t think Nintendo would cut off one of the franchises that people love.

If it’s a new game on a new with new mechanics and items they may want to wait to announce something. Maybe some new animals with maybe a small possibility they are incorporating things from Pocket Camp to a possible Switch AC.

Plus they have a lot going with New Leaf yes, it’s getting up there as the years pass but maybe they really want to show what a Switch AC game can really be.

So in short I’m not losing hope even though disappointed I think we all are but thinking on a bright side maybe something will come out. And it’ll just blow us away with immersing graphics, new things we can do and maybe see some fresh new faces and dialogue from the villagers.
FC 0361-6489-6518 Animal Crossing CB http://goo.gl/Q7QKaS 3DS XL FC 3755-2065-2060 Switch FC SW-1289-7377-4301

fisheye11
5 months ago#8
sharinganfan posted...
@fisheye11 if you go all the way to the left on the main menu of the eshop, it will have something like your account as an option. In there you can find a list of everything you ever purchased/downloaded and can redownload the old version there.

Well crap. Oh well. I'll consider it as supporting a game that I'v always had alot of fun playing. But I'll keep this info in mind for the future. Thank you.

User Info: ExcaliburOwner

ExcaliburOwner
5 months ago#9
I have no doubts there will be an Animal Crossing game on Switch. I mean, they're getting every major franchise they have into this console (Zelda, 3D Mario, Fire Emblem, Smash, even freaking Pokémon, which has never had a mainline game on a console before). We know Metroid is coming too, so I can't see why AC won't.

Switch is still young, and Nintendo need franchises to show on next E3, so I say we just wait as always. We have to agree that a game like AC, with as much dialogue as it has, may take a while to develop.
N3DS FC: 3841 0335 0289
Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

User Info: TheHeroOfTime

TheHeroOfTime
5 months ago#10
ExcaliburOwner posted...
I have no doubts there will be an Animal Crossing game on Switch. I mean, they're getting every major franchise they have into this console (Zelda, 3D Mario, Fire Emblem, Smash, even freaking Pokémon, which has never had a mainline game on a console before). We know Metroid is coming too, so I can't see why AC won't.

Switch is still young, and Nintendo need franchises to show on next E3, so I say we just wait as always. We have to agree that a game like AC, with as much dialogue as it has, may take a while to develop.

We do NOTneed to wait until next years E3 for AC switch. I can't imagine it taking that long for 1 preview.
3ds FC 2535-3641-8974,Smash Main-Link/Toon Link
Match in the Gas Tank, Boom Boom!- Gilbert Grape
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Is there going to be a new AC game in the foreseeable future?
  • Topic Archived