This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we get all the island shop items offline?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Can we get all the island shop items offline?

User Info: Riveller

Riveller
5 months ago#1
Topic says all but allow me to digress.

Today, after almost 5 years playing ACNL I've found an item for the first time: the flip-flops. I've found it in an online island and got astonished because I thought the item was some korean DLC because I've already had registered it long ago.
Since I visit the island offline every single day and never saw it before I would like to know if some item only appear online.
3DS FC - 1461-6412-2479. FC2 - 4957-4161-7267

User Info: Joltei

Joltei
5 months ago#2
Yes, Items like Red, Blue, White, Pink, Orange Wetsuits, and Sand Castles are online only. There are more, but I can't think of them right now... xD
.-- .... -.-- -.. .. -.. -.-- --- ..- .-.. --- --- -.- - .... .. ... ..- .--. .-.-.- .- ..-. - . .-. -. --- --- -.

User Info: katysu

katysu
5 months ago#3
Yes there are exclusive items on CT islands - from memory the pink wet suit isn't one of them tho - rare but it can appear on your own island.

The list of exclusive items is in Liquefy's walkthrough faq here on game faqs.

Edit: its section 20, its easy to find. In general I don't copy & paste out of his faq (tho I think I have done + given credit) doesn't seem right & as said it is easy to find - lots of info in that faq so worth a look.
No doubt it will now be pasted in, the info may be available via a wiki &/or Thonky, haven't looked. I trust Liquefy's faq as being accurate.

The CT islands seem to get the rarer items that can appear on your own island - so its worth going for those as well. On my own island I seem to get the same old over and over again.

I used to island hop on CT islands for items, but it wasn't very popular with other players there as the game saves as you enter & exit.
Now with all the potential hacking on CT islands (I don't fancy being put into a loop with Kappn's boat loading screen nor warped back to my own island) I don't go at all.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Can we get all the island shop items offline?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived