This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My first ACNL CYOA: The Terrifying Truth

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. My first ACNL CYOA: The Terrifying Truth

User Info: rowlets

rowlets
3 months ago#1
As you slowly make your way toward the train station's exit, you can't help but mull over what the friendly blue cat -- Rover was his name -- said to you shortly before you two parted ways. "Come to think of it, I've been riding the rails an awful lot again lately. Haven't done this much traveling since 2002 or so... Man, that's weird." You aren't sure why that out of everything which has tumbled out of his mouth, those words are what you can't seem to shake.

Feeling nervous -- and understandably so, considering that you're moving to a new town and all, you tightly clutch onto the handle of your suitcase. You didn't bring a lot with you, just a few pairs of clothes and other necessities. Oddly enough, you can't even recall packing it yourself. And as a matter of fact, you can't recall many things and while this should certainly alarm you, for whatever reason you decide not to give it a second thought. I mean, you have other stuff on your mind, anyway. You don't know if you'll want to settle down here for starters. Only one way to find out.

Your figure isn't even fully passed the door frame when you realize that you're surrounded by a small group of ecstatic looking animals. They seem to be whispering to each other and trading glances at you.

"...From those of us in Kanto..." begins a female who appears somewhat like a Shih Tzu. You remain silent during the brief pause as your luggage dangles to a halt by your side.

"WELCOME!!!" the unified outburst is cheerful, but sudden, and you nearly stumble backward in the process. It seems as if they've been expecting your arrival, which, in a way freaks you out, but you mask it with a forced smile nonetheless.

The Shih Tzu clasps her paws together. She's practically swaying with delight, "Mayor, we're so glad you're finally here!"

"Uh..." you start. Well, more like you try because you're pretty much speechless. What should you say? What should you do?

A. Mayor? Yeah right. Back away slowly and hop on the next train out of here. Seriously. Leave. Something doesn't feel right.
B. Explain that you're no mayor and haven't got a clue what she's talking about. This must be some mistake.
C. Play along. You've always wanted to be a mayor, this is perfect! A total coincidence and not weird in the slightest.

///

really wanted to try this out! i'm iffy about it lol, i hope some of you will read and enjoy it enough to help continue it with me.
FC: 2423 6567 4557
Mayor Ghost of Kanto

User Info: Magpiecrossing

Magpiecrossing
3 months ago#2
B
My friend code is 5344 2459 7172

User Info: NCh

NCh
3 months ago#3
XD I love how you worded the options.

Either B or C. I'm indecisive.
"I know it's been tough, but I'm still cheering for you."
FC:1977-1304-8169

User Info: ApplePie12

ApplePie12
3 months ago#4
This is now tracked!

I'll go with C... I feel like it's the most progressive answer.

Don't worry about it though! I'm pretty sure my first story was a lot worse...
"The leaves seem to scream out," "Hey, look at me!" "You think I'm pretty!" "But I'm actually dead."

User Info: rowlets

rowlets
3 months ago#5
@NCh thanks, i'm trying to be as creative as i can with them. :d
@ApplePie12 thank you!!! and i wouldn't say that haha, i bet it was great.

i want to continue to the next part, but i'm not sure what to count NCh's vote as, either B or C. so right now it's technically 2 votes for B and 2 votes for C
FC: 2423 6567 4557
Mayor Ghost of Kanto

User Info: rowlets

rowlets
3 months ago#6
results:

a - 0 votes.
b - 2 votes.
c - 2 votes.

since b and c are technically tied, i used a random picker website to decide which one will be chosen and it turned out to be c. thanks to those who are reading and/or participating!

///

"Yeah... yup! That's, uh, that's me all right." you say as convincingly as you can manage, which for the record isn't very. But these animals are too blinded by the warm, welcoming lights within their eyes to realize it. And what kind of person would you be to put them out? When life hands you lemons, or in this case an opportunity unlike no other, you take those lemons and make mayoral lemonade. "I'm the mayor."

"Tee hee! I know that, silly!" the Shih Tzu chimes. "You told me which train you'd be arriving on, after all!"

"I... I did?" Excuse her? You remember no such thing. As far as you're concerned, you've never met this dog in your ongoing life. Not even once. "I mean, right-- I did."

"Well, let's continue this conversation at the town hall, shall we?" Before you know it, she's leaning forward to generously hand you a large, colorful piece of paper. "Here's a map of Kanto for your reference, Mayor... Ghost, was it?"

If only you could remember your real name, let alone everything else. You sort of half-shrug and nod in response, as if to say 'sure, why not'. She offers a small smile and taps a spot on the map that she gave you, "That's where we're headed, so, lead the way, mayor!"

The other three animals wave the two of you off, and away you go. Map in your clutches, you hold it out in front of you whilst your feet move one step at a time down a large area paved with grey and light purple bricks. It doesn't take long for you to notice how many dead trees there are lined around the edges, separating the lengthy perimeter from a river. It's eerie, and you're tempted to question it but ultimately decide to keep it to yourself. The walk to town hall takes around ten minutes and not a single word had been exchanged during the quick journey. Awkward.

"Mayor, this town hall will be your base of operations." she starts now that the two of you are standing adjacent to the front desk. "Oh! And I completely forgot to mention I'm on staff here too! I'm Isabelle, your secretary, and I'm here to help you in any way I can. Now, of course we need you to get started right away on your work as mayor. Therefore, we must complete your resident registration which requires your address. Ghost, we already have a house for you to live in, isn't that wonderful? I hope you don't mind that it belonged to our last mayor."

"Not at all. Can I ask what happened to the last mayor?" you blurt, and instantly regret it, mind you. Weird phrasing. The atmosphere of the room seems to shift, it grows so thick with gloom that you can almost feel it wrapping around you.

Her smile's faded without a trace. "He... passed away."

"Oh, god, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to--"

"It's all right, really!" she assures, her tone of voice attempting to brighten. "Um... We should go ahead and get your Town Pass Card set up." After briefly explaining it to you and doing so, she says that you're welcome to get settled into your new home and explore the town a little before officially getting started. What should you do?

A. Go check out your new house. You know, the one that was once lived in by Kanto's... previous mayor. The thought creeps you out but hey, it's free.
B. Stroll around town, meet some villagers, the basic stuff.
C. Head to the beach! Heck, even grab Isabelle a seashell as thanks for everything she's done. She seems to like those.
FC: 2423 6567 4557
Mayor Ghost of Kanto

User Info: Magpiecrossing

Magpiecrossing
3 months ago#7
C. I love this story btw XD
My friend code is 5344 2459 7172

User Info: WanTjhen777

WanTjhen777
3 months ago#8
SO far so good ... I pick A !
Mayor Michael of AeroTown
friend code = 2166 - 0926 - 1201, Dream code = 5A00 - 00E1 - E056

User Info: NCh

NCh
3 months ago#9
A Maybe we'll find a ghost

I love this so far, you're really good at this!
"I know it's been tough, but I'm still cheering for you."
FC:1977-1304-8169

User Info: ApplePie12

ApplePie12
3 months ago#10
A then C.
"The leaves seem to scream out," "Hey, look at me!" "You think I'm pretty!" "But I'm actually dead."
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. My first ACNL CYOA: The Terrifying Truth

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

  • Topic Archived