This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many upgrades can I do before my house exterior shape changes?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. How many upgrades can I do before my house exterior shape changes?

User Info: LumaRosalina

LumaRosalina
1 week ago#1
Is there a guide to the different house shapes?
"I told you to leave... Now you leave me no choice.
Prepare to be rocked!"

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
1 week ago#2
There are 4 different exterior shapes: castle, mansion, modern house and zen castle. You can order them from Tom Nook when they appear in his shop.
FC 1478-4005-0540 Mayor D.A. Town Steelers. DA 4C00-000F-57D0. Cycle Town FC 1091-9591-3992 Town Steeler2 Mayor D.A.2.
Pacific Time.
(edited 1 week ago)

LumaRosalina
1 week ago#3
Kanuke98 posted...
There are 4 different exterior shapes: castle, mansion, modern house and zen castle. You can order them from Tom Nook when they appear in his shop.

No, I mean the shape of the regular house. It gets bigger.
Prepare to be rocked!"

User Info: TheHeroOfTime

TheHeroOfTime
1 week ago#4
2nd floor, left room, right room and back room.
3ds FC 2535-3641-8974,Smash Main-Link/Toon Link
Match in the Gas Tank, Boom Boom!- Gilbert Grape

Kanuke98
1 week ago#5
You have the main floor, room on left, room on right, room in back, room upstairs and basement. All rooms start off 4x4 then upgrade to 6x6 last upgrade to 8x8. Total cost 7,595,800.00.
FC 1478-4005-0540 Mayor D.A. Town Steelers. DA 4C00-000F-57D0. Cycle Town FC 1091-9591-3992 Town Steeler2 Mayor D.A.2.
Pacific Time.

LumaRosalina
1 week ago#6
I guess it's hard to understand my question. I'm wondering how the upgrades will affect the shape of the exterior of my house.
Prepare to be rocked!"

User Info: katysu

katysu
1 week ago#7
I've never taken that much note/ I'm not overly observant either!

What I am fairly certain of is you can upgrade your upper room and the basement to their fullest extent and the outside of your house doesn't change (well I think it might do slightly, but it looks the same to me).
I often take my alts to this level so that their houses look small & neat but they have 3 large rooms plus the secret storage. (well you get that on the first level of the upper room).

As soon as you start to add rooms going off from the main room you start getting the dormers showing on either side of the house - so at certain points the house looks horrid/lopsided.
But I can't remember/took note of the changes - their might well be pics up on one of the wiki's or maybe pininterest, well maybe.

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
1 week ago#8
LumaRosalina posted...
I guess it's hard to understand my question. I'm wondering how the upgrades will affect the shape of the exterior of my house.

Upgrade and find out then. When you expand your house to include a side room then your roof with be slanted on one side. When you add on the second side room the roof won't have a slant at all. Again, the only way you'll get an answer is if you upgrade your house.

Edit: You even stated that your house gets bigger when you expand. Which of course it does. What exactly are you asking here? If you're wondering if you can downgrade, unfortunately you can't. Maybe you don't want your house to look bigger, which is a fairly common complaint. Some people prefer the slant to their roof, and/or a smaller side room. In HHD you could choose any layout to the house's structure. Unfortunately you can't do that in NL. Hopefully they add that in the next itineration.
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened?
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, DA: 4E00-0016-93ED
(edited 1 week ago)

Kanuke98
1 week ago#9
If you can't find the answer your looking for you can always create an alt to do this with instead of your mayor. The minus side would be the bells you have to invest the plus is the alt can be deleted.
Pacific Time.

User Info: PalomBM

PalomBM
1 week ago#10
After the tent, you get the 4x4 house, the 6x6 upgrade, the 8x8 upgrade, the second floor, one of the rooms on the left or right, and then both of those. Those affect how your house exterior will look before it takes on the final appearance.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. How many upgrades can I do before my house exterior shape changes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.