This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Selling town + layout resetting?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Selling town + layout resetting?

User Info: Lenny86

Lenny86
6 months ago#1
After I sell my town, do I keep my town sale money if I reset for a layout I want?
i like to party

User Info: katysu

katysu
6 months ago#2
All the posts I've read say you can reset if you don' like the 4 layouts you are shown.
It means you go back to your old town & have to go thru the process of selling again (I think - not 100% sure).
But I'm fairly certain that you won't keep the town sale money, cos you have reset.

worth a read:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/5auape/all_your_questions_about_selling_your_town/

This is part of a faq on the WA updae - a lot of great info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/5aucku/amiibo_update_faq/

Lenny86
6 months ago#3
ok ty
i like to party

katysu
6 months ago#4
Have I misunderstood the qn?
If you reset I presume it all goes back as before - so the money Nook offers won't be there but you will keep any money you already have - I don't know 100% as never done it, but the faq I linked to is the most detailed (& accurate) I've seen.
Hoping other players would have answered - well I've bumped it, so maybe they will.

Lenny86
6 months ago#5
idk how to explain my question lol, basically I wanna sell my town, but I want a nice layout and the only way to do that is to reset after town loads. but Im worried if I reset (for the map), my old town will be gone + my sale money is gone like I just deleted my town without even selling. also more worried about catalogue being reset because bells I can earn back but catalogue is harder...
i like to party

katysu
6 months ago#6
We need other players to post - your worries are the worries I would have if I was selling my town.

All I've read is, yes you can reset after selling if you don't like the 4 maps you are shown, but players don't go into detail as to how
- I would guess & its a guess, you just soft reset, ie press the home button & close with out saving, then when you open the game again, its your old town & you have to go thru the selling process all over again - which makes it that bit more tedious but possible. (so you old town money & catalog would all be intact).
Its a scary thing to do without reassurance from a player who has successfully done it.

Without other players posting all I can say is read the reddit link to selling your town - it has players comments/questions following on from the faq - there might be enough info in there to go ahead.

Here's a post which answers the questions - the replies are by a player who sold their town - well worth reading:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/74889419
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Selling town + layout resetting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived