This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to get back your villager from your friend's town?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Is it possible to get back your villager from your friend's town?

User Info: vuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vuuuuuuuuuuuuu
4 months ago#1
if you gave your friend a villager to hold, can you get the villager back from them?

User Info: Chaos Genesis

Chaos Genesis
4 months ago#2
Eventually, yes, but you need to go through the 16-Villager cycle first:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66933880
WiiU: drgdgrana | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 (NL: David @ Iacon)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4C00-0011-50F6 | Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Flying (Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Rufflet)

User Info: vuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vuuuuuuuuuuuuu
4 months ago#3
Thank you! Could i use 16 amiibo cards to make it quicker?

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
4 months ago#4
vuuuuuuuuuuuuu posted...
Thank you! Could i use 16 amiibo cards to make it quicker?

The amiibo cards will work if they are 16 different villagers but the problem you'll have is once you get the 16th amiibo in your town it's very rare for them to ping to move and you'll be stuck with them for a very long time.
FC 1478-4005-0540 Mayor D.A. Town Steelers. DA 4C00-000F-57D0. Cycle Town FC 1091-9591-3992 Town Steeler2 Mayor D.A.2.
Pacific Time.

User Info: Chaos Genesis

Chaos Genesis
4 months ago#5
What if they kept moving out the amiibo villagers with new ones? Would that work?
WiiU: drgdgrana | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 (NL: David @ Iacon)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4C00-0011-50F6 | Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Flying (Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Rufflet)

Kanuke98
4 months ago#6
Chaos Genesis posted...
What if they kept moving out the amiibo villagers with new ones? Would that work?

Yes that works the problem that they will run into is getting rid of the last amiibo villager they move in. I have 4 amiibo villagers I moved into my cycle town over 9 months ago and I cycle everyday for an hour or two just as an experiment to see how long it would take for then to ping about leaving, they are still there no pings to leave.
FC 1478-4005-0540 Mayor D.A. Town Steelers. DA 4C00-000F-57D0. Cycle Town FC 1091-9591-3992 Town Steeler2 Mayor D.A.2.
Pacific Time.

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 months ago#7
I don't have any evidence but my theory on amiibo card villagers and pinging to move is that they wait for every other villager to ping to move multiple times before they ping you once...Which is one reason why people notice amiibo villagers moving after you've nearly filled up your town with amiibo villagers. I had my town down to only two choices for non-amiibo card villagers (Penelope and Francine) and so after maybe 6 months of them nearly ALWAYS asking me to leave, I had Pekoe finally ask to move and she moved into my main town.

But if they concentrated on keeping it to 1 amiibo card villager, odds are he'd be stuck with that villager for a very long time. Nintendo should have made an eviction notice amiibo card so you could boot someone out without moving someone in.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

Kanuke98
4 months ago#8
My theory on why the amiibo villagers are like this is from what i've seen the past 4 years on this board is the highest complaint from players has been loosing their favorite villagers. Maybe this was Nintendo's fix for that. Just my opinion who knows for sure.
Pacific Time.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Is it possible to get back your villager from your friend's town?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived