This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Too good to be true, or...?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Too good to be true, or...?

User Info: Erukia

Erukia
4 months ago#1
People are selling homemade Sanrio cards on Etsy...somehow. :/

The reviews look good, but I'm wondering...how is this possible? I really want to buy them, but I'm scared a bootleg card could corrupt my game. Has anyone actually bought anything like this? Does it really work okay?
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
New Leaf Dream Address: 5D00 - 0075 - B871

User Info: fangirl_squee

fangirl_squee
4 months ago#2
I have 2 diy amiibo cards that I got off of Etsy that both work fine for this game and the others I've tested them on. They function just like normal amiibo. As long as the seller has good reviews, you should be fine. The store I ordered from appears to be closed so I can't recommend one.

It's actually pretty easy to make an amiibo at home. The NFC chips they run off of are cheap to buy. I *think* actually linking a tutorial would count towards the gamefaqs rule on pirating though? You should Google it or check YouTube if you're curious. There are lots of tutorials available.
DA: 4F00-0012-5617 (hamster town), 4F00-0026-1DD3 (sanrio town) & 5B00-000F-5AF1.

User Info: xXStarXx

xXStarXx
4 months ago#3
@fangirl_squee

Do you know if they are printed with the official amiibo art on the back of if the Sanrio cards just have the chip?
Female Nintendo Gamer and Proud. Love Nintendo handhelds and consoles.

User Info: fangirl_squee

fangirl_squee
4 months ago#4
xXStarXx posted...
@fangirl_squee

Do you know if they are printed with the official amiibo art on the back of if the Sanrio cards just have the chip?

Depends on the seller. Some people make pretty decent replicas of the official amiibo card and others use fanart.
DA: 4F00-0012-5617 (hamster town), 4F00-0026-1DD3 (sanrio town) & 5B00-000F-5AF1.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 months ago#5
They are likely legit if they have good reviews. I haven’t used them for this game yet but I did buy the Zelda amiibo cards and they work fine on BotW.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

Erukia
4 months ago#6
The seller I found on Etsy bothered to replicate the Sanrio cards around the chip, I know that much.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I think I'll buy them.

Erukia
4 months ago#7
Hi, just wanted to update: I got the cards, and they're beautiful! They are printed exactly like the real cards, just without the back. Instead, the card and chip are secured in a plastic casing. They are bright and sized right, and were packed neatly and shipped first-class. The seller even included a bonus card.

So if anyone was wondering, yes I would recommend this method! Much better than dishing out hundreds of dollars for all the legit cards you want, unless you're a die-hard collector. For gameplay purposes, this is great!

I don't want to add a link, because I'm not sure if it would violate GameFAQs' rules, but the seller I chose is CrossingStore on Etsy. I will be buying from them again!

User Info: MagicTurtle

MagicTurtle
4 months ago#8
Thanks for the update! I was wondering the same thing myself. I'll be purchasing from the seller you chose. I'm so excited!

User Info: asi322

asi322
4 months ago#9
So is it okay use home made amiibo?
I think it makes some error or break my nintendo.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 months ago#10
asi322 posted...
So is it okay use home made amiibo?
I think it makes some error or break my nintendo.

If by “some error” you mean corrupt your data, that’s highly unlikely, but if you’re talking about just a normal system error hen just save right before scanning it. And no, it definitely won’t break your 3DS lol.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Too good to be true, or...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived