This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Meanest players you've encountered on the island?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Meanest players you've encountered on the island?

User Info: NintendoFAN

NintendoFAN
3 months ago#1
I met a girl one time on the island and the first thing she said when she saw me was: 'Give me your hat now' Then 'Or else I'll report you.' My hat was a gracie item.

I just errored.

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
3 months ago#2
None I never stick around long enough to find out. LOL
FC 1478-4005-0540 Mayor D.A. Town Steelers. DA 4C00-000F-57D0. Cycle Town FC 1091-9591-3992 Town Steeler2 Mayor D.A.2.
Pacific Time.

User Info: katysu

katysu
3 months ago#3
Well given the other recent thread about CT islands, I think players being mean are the least of our problems.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/76129445

If a player tried to trap me, prevent me from leaving, I used to error.

I only have CT membership on a game I play with an old 3ds, my game in a new 3ds xl doesn't use CT islands, partly as there is no wifi switch on the unit.
If I had the membership & wanted to error on a new 3ds, personally I would turn my router off (have no other users).
The general advice is to power off the unit - but I don't think its necessary, well it takes you completely out of the game & I'd prefer to go back to the town.
However given the linked to post - I'm now not so sure, perhaps better to come out of the game completely?

User Info: Tsuki17

Tsuki17
3 months ago#4
Couldn't you just close the system and error out that way for n3ds?
FC 2552-1214-8915 Looking for cool Animal Crossing Discord groups? Shoot me a message. :)

User Info: RobotGuardianXL

RobotGuardianXL
3 months ago#5
Or use the 'Go Home' feature that was implemented with the Welcome Amiibo update. :)
Fan of Meet the Robinsons since 2007.
"Wilbur Robinson is not permitted in the Time Lab." - Robot Guardian XL //AC:NL Dream Address: 5A00-0072-9DC7

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
3 months ago#6
I used to encounter someone that would error after a few seconds of being on the island. Blocked their accounts then took a tour after they arrived.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: Lenny86

Lenny86
3 months ago#7
met some girls on the island and they were speaking in french
I said "oui oui baguette" to them
one player said "lenny :D" and some more french things
I said "ok bye" and left

the internet is a magical place

I think I am the mean player here
i like to party

User Info: LevIce

LevIce
3 months ago#8
RobotGuardianXL posted...
Or use the 'Go Home' feature that was implemented with the Welcome Amiibo update. :)

The "Go Home" button is actually worse to use. If someone is trapping you from leaving, using the go home button will just put you into a infinite loop of trying to leave. Unless they let you leave or you disconnect, you'll just be trying to leave forever.

User Info: RobotGuardianXL

RobotGuardianXL
3 months ago#9
LevIce posted...

The "Go Home" button is actually worse to use. If someone is trapping you from leaving, using the go home button will just put you into a infinite loop of trying to leave. Unless they let you leave or you disconnect, you'll just be trying to leave forever.

Huh...I have not heard of this before... :/ Scary stuff...Thank you for the additional information.
Fan of Meet the Robinsons since 2007.
"Wilbur Robinson is not permitted in the Time Lab." - Robot Guardian XL //AC:NL Dream Address: 5A00-0072-9DC7

User Info: katysu

katysu
3 months ago#10
LevIce posted...

Huh...I have not heard of this before... :/ Scary stuff...Thank you for the additional information.

I hadn't heard about that before either. Yes, thanks indeed for the info.
I've not been to CT islands since the WA update so have never used the 'Go Home' feature.

I still think for a new 3ds that turning the router off is the simplest safest way to error.
With the provisio that turning the wifi off does not cause issues for other users/electricals in the home. Or just move out of the routers range.
In mimics what we do with an old 3ds - flip the wifi switch, I've not had game/unit problems when I've done this.
I'm in the UK, my ISP is BT and occasionally I lose the internet connection - BT engineers or wet weather - and I lose it for few seconds/mins - happens rarely but it does - so shrug, so long as its not often I can't see how this harms even the router.

Powering off the New 3ds is what is generally advised but its not what I want to do - I would have thought there is a small chance if you have been trying to leave the island you could turn off as the game decided to save - that could corrupt the game.
And anyway its such a faff, you are off the island and off the game as well, albeit as the game saves before you go to a CT island you won't lose anything.

I've never closed the 3ds with a game playing - not sure what happens - I have seen a few posts over the years where that has caused issues with the game - not sure what issues, would have to search.

Edit: Posts #6 & #7 - I would be considered a mean or anti social player - when I did go, I was island hopping for items, so I was entering & leaving after a few mins - saves the game each time for every player, so I can how annoying it can be. I would go in the early hours (around 2 or 3am) only in my own region, yet still encounter other players. I wasn't up for playing tours at 3 in the morning.
I only errored if I was trapped from leaving, and that happened quite often, (seas are choppy message) either by the other character blocking the lady behind the counter or by opening their inventory. I'll try and be a bit more friendly if I go again, sometimes I never said anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Meanest players you've encountered on the island?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived