This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about time traveling backwards...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Question about time traveling backwards...

User Info: Ghostgirl708

Ghostgirl708
2 months ago#1
Hello! so i have been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf and i've been mostly looking for Gyroids, im trying to make my own little village of them in my home XD
so ive been time traveling to get them and i actually had to reset my game once, since i broke it looking for them.
How i broke it is i time traveled back and forth in time a bunch of times and it caused the star spots to not appear anymore, and i had to reset.

so i made my game to 2013 so i could find them, and i did get some but then i got bored and time traveled back to 2017 and now i want to go forward in time so i can get more Gyroids to fill my house, but i don't want to break my game again, since i want to go back to my time afterwards, and the other thing is i already accidentally went back in time once instead of forward, it didn't change anything, thank god, but im worried if i go forward then back in time again, it will break it again and i really don't want to restart my game again since ive gotten pretty far in it now.

So can anyone help explain-
1. it i go forward in time again is it ok if i go back in time afterwards again, since i want to have the star spots keep spawning
2. Are there specific rainy days that i can skip to? i do know about the months for rain being March, April, May and im not sure about June, but are there specific days i can skip to so i can get the rain then search for Gyroids? if not...
3. how can i see if a rainstorm will happen? i gotta know how

Thats all i really have questions about right now! Like Brewster, i really like Gyroids XD mainly they look really cute and silly, i just love em!
thank you so much! :3

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
2 months ago#2
I tt all the time in my cycle town and have no idea how you can break your game doing so.

Sounds like your making it much harder then it has to be. There is no way to predict rain. If you find a day it's raining just tt to the next day, dig gyroids then tt back. Make sure you keep it around the same time because sometimes the rain won't last all day. Something else you could try is travel to the month with the thunderstorms they can last all day. Don't remember which month but you could look it up.
FC 1478-4005-0540 Mayor D.A. Town Steelers. DA 4C00-000F-57D0. Cycle Town FC 1091-9591-3992 Town Steeler2 Mayor D.A.2.
Pacific Time.

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#3
I think June is typically rainy season in Japan so you would want to time travel to June for your best chance of rain.

Also I've never heard of anyone breaking their game by time traveling unless it involves waiting for a new shop to open and then time travel in that case seems to mess things up.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: katysu

katysu
2 months ago#4
The amount of TT you are doing has made me blink - although as said, it can't break your game. The main issue would be villagers coming & going and where they plot their houses.
Features that are unlocked with time played: I'm not sure it would effect things permanently - don't think it does. (incl club LOL), but yes it could mess things up, don't open as you think they should.

I think what Kanuke98 suggests is very sensible and should work, find a rainy day (& the time within that day as it may only rain for an hour) and TT backwards & forwards around it - as Kanuke98 says.
I can't remember really but think I had thunderstorms in August (but then maybe I'm thinking of RL).

Is this really all worth it for Gyroids? Sorry but I would just collect them as and when they came - well set the game at the beginning of the rainy season & play the game day by day (doesn't have to be in real time, you can go faster than real life time). There is so much more to the game than gryoids, you will be missing.

User Info: Darth Mom

Darth Mom
2 months ago#5
Seems to me that since it always snows on Dec. 10, you can TT back and forth from Dec. 10 to Dec. 11 and back again, picking up the gyroids that appear Dec. 11 of course. I did that a little bit so I know it works. Gets boring though.
"...even if your grades are bad, it doesn't mean you're failing..." Amanda Palmer
3DS FC: 0516-7414-5138

Ghostgirl708
2 months ago#6
katysu posted...
The amount of TT you are doing has made me blink - although as said, it can't break your game. The main issue would be villagers coming & going and where they plot their houses.
Features that are unlocked with time played: I'm not sure it would effect things permanently - don't think it does. (incl club LOL), but yes it could mess things up, don't open as you think they should.

I think what Kanuke98 suggests is very sensible and should work, find a rainy day (& the time within that day as it may only rain for an hour) and TT backwards & forwards around it - as Kanuke98 says.
I can't remember really but think I had thunderstorms in August (but then maybe I'm thinking of RL).

Is this really all worth it for Gyroids? Sorry but I would just collect them as and when they came - well set the game at the beginning of the rainy season & play the game day by day (doesn't have to be in real time, you can go faster than real life time). There is so much more to the game than gryoids, you will be missing.

I know im gonna be missing some stuff, but im gonna just grab my Gyroids and then play as normal, kinda want a tiny collection of Gyroids
My little army of them XD

Ghostgirl708
2 months ago#7
But I am glad it dosent break your game, thank god QWQ Thank you all for the help so far~! :3

User Info: Lenny86

Lenny86
2 months ago#8
how is the gyroid army coming along? ā—‰uā—‰
i like to party

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#9
I've actually been trying to get a complete set of gyroids in my side town. I left them all laying out on the ground sorta in order (using this checklist for the order https://animalcrossingnl.jimdo.com/gyroids/ )

I'm still missing a few but that's the way it goes when you get close to a complete set. It becomes harder to find the ones you're missing.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: katysu

katysu
2 months ago#10
Lots been said about gyroids over the years, in RL they are part of Japanese culture.
Ingame if you have a set in a room with music playing - don't they sync in with the music? Or maybe you have to start them up at the right time for them to sync?
And is it only two that will make a noise from those you have displayed?
I don't really know the answers, just vaguely aware.

I love the sounds the Brewster gyroids make, often display that set or put them on display in Club LOL. (if you have a gyroid in your pocket, you get the option to switch out if you press A by one of the gyroids on the stage).
I collect the sets that are useful for feng shui - Liquefy gives their colour count. Just to give variety to a feng shui set up room/house.
Never sold any so am sort of collecting, put them in the Museum, in a room with dig site floor & wallpaper. Can't get all of them in one room tho, too many.

I have seen them offered for free/sale on the trade board, as a lot of players don't want them.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Question about time traveling backwards...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived