This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CYOA: Where the Lost Ones Go

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. CYOA: Where the Lost Ones Go

User Info: Tippity_Rose

Tippity_Rose
5 months ago#1
Hi everyone!
I've read quite a few CYOAs on this board and would like to do one of my own!

RULES:
-No hate-talk
-No rude of offensive language
-This is just for fun
Thank You!
Through the pouring rain a single streetlamp shone in the dark, its light flickering. Isabelle stood under the lamp in her yellow cardigan, shivering, and glancing behind her, until she heard him say, “Where is he?”
“You’ll never find the mayor,” Isabelle replied stubbornly, glaring into the shadows, “He’s safe, hidden somewhere no one can find him.”
‘Not even me…’ she thought, blinking back her tears.
“If you were wise you would have held him back from his so-called fate,” he said, his voice harsh and raspy, “But he isn’t the only one I want…” he reached his claw-like toward Isabelle, as if he wanted to pet her. But Isabelle grabbed his hand before he could.
“Don’t you dare touch me you… You monster!” she growled, baring her teeth.
“A feisty one, aren’t you,” he growled back, “I was going to spare you from your horrible fate, but… I think I’ll take you just for the fun of it!”
And immediately, in a flash of lightning both the monster and Isabelle were gone, where no one could hear her howls…

In late November the town of Fairfeld was beautiful, the autumn leaves coated the ground like a blanket and the sky was a cool blue. Fresh crisp breezes carried the smell of wet juniper. Today, as Isabelle walked alongside the river, it was raining just enough to get you wet, so she carried an umbrella. As she continued her walk to the peaceful sound of rain, she wondered what to do.

A.Go to the roost
B.Check in on the mayor
C.Visit K.K. at club LOL
D.Go talk to Digby
"Farewells are bittersweet...but as long as you live, you can never escape them. And with that... I am hungry." -Merlon

User Info: LumaRosalina

LumaRosalina
5 months ago#2
C. Nice story so far! :]
"I know. Never saw me coming! Taken down by a ball of fluff! Who's insignificant NOW, frogface!"
(message deleted)

User Info: ApplePie12

ApplePie12
5 months ago#4
Ooo, I love all the scenery! It was something I didn't do in the beginning of Legend of the Mirror because it would've given stuff away. Anyway, I vote D. I feel like they replaced Isabelle or brainwashed her.
"You have to take that gift and do something with it, not run away from it."
(message deleted)

User Info: podracer35

podracer35
5 months ago#6
Gonna vote D as well.

Really liking the descriptions, and I'm curious to see where this goes...
Stolen Memories CYOA: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/75144822
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750

User Info: Tippity_Rose

Tippity_Rose
5 months ago#7
‘I think I’ll go see what’s up with Digby,’ Isabelle thought, ‘It must be awfully boring to stand around outside in the rain all day, maybe he could use some coffee too…’ Isabelle headed in the direction of the Roost to get some coffee for her brother.
“Hi Brewster,” Isabelle said as she walked in, “I’ll have straight Blue Mountain for my brother, and my usual while you’re at it.”
“Right away, coo.”
Isabelle sat down at the table to wait for her order when her old friend Portia walked in.
“Oh, hi Portia!” Isabelle waved.
“Hey, it’s Isabelle!” Portia said walking over, “How’s it been? You liking the job?”
“Yeah! It’s a really great job, and I love the mayor!” she said, blushing, “Anyway, how’s life in Woodglen?”
“It’s… alright.” She said awkwardly, “Some… weird things are going on.”
“Weird how?” Isabelle asked.
Portia glanced around the room, “Weird like… people getting mysterious illnesses, villagers disappearing, plants and trees decaying… That’s why I’m moving.”
Isabelle’s mouth hung agape at this news, what was going on?
“Your order is ready, coo.” Brewster called from the counter, and Isabelle, breaking out of her trance stood up.
“Well, um… I’d better be going now,” Isabelle said haltingly, “It was… nice to see you again Portia. See you!”
“Bye…” Portia replied as Isabelle left with her drinks.

She pondered her conversation as she walked, slowly sipping her bittersweet coffee. What had it all meant? She made her way up to Main Street, and to the Happy Home Showcase where her brother stood.
“Hey Digby. I brought you some coffee,” Isabelle greeted her brother, “How’s it going?”
“Fine, just fine,” he said savoring his drink, “Just like any other day, right?”
“Um, yeah… right…” Isabelle said absentmindedly.
“What’s wrong sis?” Digby asked, concerned. His sister wasn’t usually like this, “I know something’s wrong…”
Isabelle sighed and shook her head, “Just a bit of unsettling news is all, I’m fine, really.”
Digby nodded, “Alright,” he said, “I won’t bother you about it… By the way sis, Mayor D. said to tell you he left a letter to you on your desk. Said it was real important.”
“R-really?!” Isabelle practically shouted, then she turned and ran in the opposite direction.
“Eh, ok… Bye?”

She ran as fast as she possibly could, barreling towards the town hall. She opened the door, panting from her long run.
“Where is it, where is it…” she muttered rifling through the papers stacked on her cluttered desk. She let out a sigh of relief when she finally found the mayor’s letter. She read it, worry plastered on her face.
Dear Isabelle,
Something really, really bad is happening. Be extremely careful who you trust. I’m in hiding, I can’t tell you where in case this letter falls into the wrong hands. Be safe, please. Make sure the town is okay, if it even survives… I hope to maybe see you again someday…
Love, Mayor Damien
“Oh, oh no…” Isabelle whispered, reading the letter over again, “What do I do?”

A.Try to find the mayor
B.Carry on with life
C.Search for clues
D.Cry
"Farewells are bittersweet...but as long as you live, you can never escape them. And with that... I am hungry." -Merlon

User Info: RobotGuardianXL

RobotGuardianXL
5 months ago#8
This is quite interesting so far!

I think B. is the best thing to do for now.
Fan of Meet the Robinsons since 2007.
"Wilbur Robinson is not permitted in the Time Lab." - Robot Guardian XL //AC:NL Dream Address: 5A00-0072-9DC7

User Info: ApplePie12

ApplePie12
5 months ago#9
I'd say C, but I feel like that could draw attention. So, yeah, B. But, next time there is a cry option I'm totally picking it because sometimes you can't bottle up your sadness like that.
"You have to take that gift and do something with it, not run away from it."

User Info: RobotGuardianXL

RobotGuardianXL
5 months ago#10
ApplePie12 posted...
I'd say C, but I feel like that could draw attention. So, yeah, B. But, next time there is a cry option I'm totally picking it because sometimes you can't bottle up your sadness like that.

Well, there's no reason why we can't shed a few tears first. This seems like one of those times when that is needed. We could pick D. followed by B. if the author is okay with that. :)
Fan of Meet the Robinsons since 2007.
"Wilbur Robinson is not permitted in the Time Lab." - Robot Guardian XL //AC:NL Dream Address: 5A00-0072-9DC7
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. CYOA: Where the Lost Ones Go

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived