This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. What's the villager reset trick and how do I do it?

User Info: Lapis

Lapis
8 years ago#1
Simple question in topic title. I hear about this a lot... I have Deena moving out on the 9th and I want whoever moves in to be half decent. In the past when someone moves in, it's just decided at the beginning of the day when I first load my town.
Floating Octahedral Shard

User Info: Lil_Puddin

Lil_Puddin
8 years ago#2
Villager reset trick:

1) Create a new villager, it ONLY works with new characters.

2) Roam around town to see if anyone is moving in and if they are moving in where you want them to. If something is wrong, just go to the Home Menu and reset the game to try the process all over again.

3) Go to Town Hall to talk to Isabelle, talk to Nook, pick a place to lay down a house, go back to Town Hall so you can officially be able to save and quit.

4) Delete the new villager and enter the town as your other characters. You will have a lame brown spot to worry about, but that's it.

SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
It seems like flags are raised and do not change even if you constantly retry the new villager reset trick.

A) if a random villager is going to move in on one day, that flag is raised. That means a random house WILL appear that day no matter what and the villager who places the plot will change each time.

B) Camper moves in. The flag is raised and they will move in wherever they randomly pick to move in. You can reset many times and the same villager will move in on that day, but the location of his/her planned house will change. Same applies to streetpass characters, I think.

C) Camper visits your town. The flag is raised, and a camper will visit your town that day no matter what. However, the villager who visits your town will change if you use the new villager reset trick.
Yes. I am actually pudding. Feel free to add me on:
Overwatch PC: LilPuddin#11310 or Fire Emblem Heroes: 256-9201-346

User Info: Blazingflare

Blazingflare
8 years ago#3
On the day you think someone will be moving in; Instead of loading your profile, make a new character. Once you get to your town, search around for any roped off plots of land. If it is in a bad place, all you have to do is reset and try again. Each time you do, the animal will be in a different place. Once the animal is in a good spot, get your house set up and save so the animals spot is locked in place.

The reason you make a new profile is that your game doesn't save until after you have your house set up and therefor can keep reseting. When you load an existing profile, the game saves your town and data when it is "loading" your town data.

On a side note, this trick also changes what animal is moving in unless you invited an animal from the campsite or another town.
3DS Friend code: 0061-2377-8498

User Info: Blazingflare

Blazingflare
8 years ago#4
Lil_Puddin posted...
Villager reset trick:
A) if a random villager is going to move in on one day, that flag is raised. That means a random house WILL appear that day no matter what and the villager who places the plot will change each time.

That is incorrect. A random villager plot isn't guaranteed to show up on every attempt. I have had it happen where I will do the trick 4 times in a row and the plot will not show up but will on the 5th attempt.
3DS Friend code: 0061-2377-8498

User Info: Lil_Puddin

Lil_Puddin
8 years ago#5
Blazingflare posted...
Lil_Puddin posted...
Villager reset trick:

That is incorrect. A random villager plot isn't guaranteed to show up on every attempt. I have had it happen where I will do the trick 4 times in a row and the plot will not show up but will on the 5th attempt.

Then I must be either really lucky or unlucky.
Yes. I am actually pudding. Feel free to add me on:
Overwatch PC: LilPuddin#11310 or Fire Emblem Heroes: 256-9201-346

User Info: Lapis

Lapis
8 years ago#6
Oh, alright. Good to know. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my villagers so I guess I should start each new day after Deena moves out like this. I've got a pretty great batch overall, but I can't risk another horrid one moving in... I was lucky enough to get rid of Moose. Now Wart Jr. needs to go...
Floating Octahedral Shard

User Info: Ryoukai

Ryoukai
8 years ago#7
Lil_Puddin posted...
Blazingflare posted...
Lil_Puddin posted...
Villager reset trick:

Then I must be either really lucky or unlucky.

It's the same with C, the note about campers. Just today, I reset 4 times with no campsite, but the 5th reset yielded a campsite with Whitney inside. As far as I know, the game decides whether the campsite will appear or not, then decides who will be the camper.
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
3DS FC: 5455-9721-8413

User Info: eellliioottt

eellliioottt
8 years ago#8
Off topic, but may I have Deena, I'll pay
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. What's the villager reset trick and how do I do it?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A