This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. How do you get the best results from writing letters in ACNL?

User Info: deathscoconut

deathscoconut
5 years ago#1
Does anyone know the definite dos and don'ts of letter writing this time around?

Which words do animals recognize?

The rumors that I've heard is that they recognize the following (+/-)

+

friend
thanks
present
villager names

-

sexual innuendo
curses

I've also heard rumors about letter length and corresponding gifts to manipulate specific gifts back, but that was from Wild World.

Sometimes I send presents and recieve none in spite of having written a good letter.

Proper spelling and not splitting words is a must, of course.

On the day that I sent trash to Pate and Tammy, none of the other villagers that I had written back responded to me. Does this mean that sending trash items to any villager screws up your relationship with all of them?
0001 - 3310 - 3871

deathscoconut
5 years ago#2
bump
0001 - 3310 - 3871

User Info: Leanaunfurled

Leanaunfurled
5 years ago#3
tag
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png 3DS FC 2707-2560-1312
Bravely Default will be localized. AC:NL Dream Code 4300-2148-0793

deathscoconut
5 years ago#4
Someone MUST know!
0001 - 3310 - 3871

User Info: Vdashone

Vdashone
5 years ago#5
The list isn't very long, just barrage them with words that are spelled correctly in proper grammatical layout and reap the rewards. I haven't noticed a trend with type of gifts given and gotten back yet, but they've pretty much always given something back no matter what I've sent them using this method.

I like to send them semi-poetic rants about how much I hate them that they won't understand, so that when people visit my town and talk to my animals they can think I'm a little bit unhinged.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLingMao

User Info: Applepieman

Applepieman
5 years ago#6
I mail like 4 letters a day just saying "Hey." with a random gift attached and usually I get a response saying my message was so awesome and stuff and gift me random stuff.
N3DS Friend Code: 1091-8034-4661
Animal Crossing New Leaf!

User Info: Face_Lost

Face_Lost
5 years ago#7
I read for one of the older versions of the game, the more likes you write the better the response.
Trolling: The act of expressing an opinion.
3DS FC: 3652-0749-4918

User Info: Shinebolt

Shinebolt
5 years ago#8
Face_Lost posted...
I read for one of the older versions of the game, the more likes you write the better the response.

Lol! This just gave me a great idea for a message for tomorrow.

How many likes would a Like Like get if a Like Like could get likes?
Take this post seriously at your own risk.

User Info: Blazingflare

Blazingflare
5 years ago#9
I just type:
_________
Friend
friend
present
friends
_________
I just attach anything like fruit or random furniture and the villagers absolutely love it and have always given me gifts afterwards. I got a persimmon early on in my second day and a piece of gold furniture later.
Did you know you could use < code > formatting for your text?
3DS Friend code: 0989 - 1959 - 0881
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. How do you get the best results from writing letters in ACNL?
  • Topic Archived