• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
  3. How cool would the story/plot be if it starred Hitomi & not Mr. Nameless?

User Info: Exa_Man

Exa_Man
2 months ago#1
I'm really starting to think that this great SMT game didn't need another silent male MC tagalong & should've been the talkative Hitomi's story as she is "possessed" by Nemissa. Best dual-personality femme fatale power-dynamic ever!!! >=D

Now that I think about that, that would be a reversal of what happens in the original Devil Summoners, where instead the "already killed/dead" MC takes possession of the elite demon-summoning/crime-fighting Kyouji Kuzunoha.
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(

Exa_Man
2 months ago#2
Maybe as a supporting partner in addition to 4 extra demons at a time, we could have a prominent male character like "Leader" fill in and um.....use his computer-hacking-magic-whatev to fight alongside Hitomi up until a certain key turning-point in the story.

What do you guys think?!
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(

User Info: FabioGnecco

FabioGnecco
2 months ago#3
That would be cool ! Like resident evil with two scenarios !
Nemissa campaign would be a great new game +
If this game were more popular, we would had something i saw people doing with Mother 3, a hack that exchange the protagonists around, so you can play in their perspective
I'm glad we got this remake tho.... otherwise i wouldn't be able to play and enjoy it

User Info: DetectiveAlice

DetectiveAlice
1 month ago#4
atlus hates female protagonists though, that's why the last one was in Persona 3 Portable in 2010(09 in japan)

i would love this, but this was in an era where female protagonists weren't really an idea atlus played with outside of like, smt if... as an option and in 2000 they had Maya in P2, and then none until P3P. it sucks.

Exa_Man
1 month ago#5
DetectiveAlice posted...
atlus hates female protagonists though, that's why the last one was in Persona 3 Portable in 2010(09 in japan)

i would love this, but this was in an era where female protagonists weren't really an idea atlus played with outside of like, smt if... as an option and in 2000 they had Maya in P2, and then none until P3P. it sucks.

Wished the DDS games for PS2 had female protagonist options. Or make a DeSu3 with a female protagonist. Or instead of making SMT4-Final a whole new story centered on a new male (but effeminate looking like 5's) protagonist, just make it a retelling of 4 except centered strictly on Isabeau and her perspective (with a talking Flynn supporting her with the 2 other guys).

C'mon Atlus....give us SOMETHING like this. At least the Final Fantasy franchise had a couple female lead protagonists since (arguably) 6's Terra in 1994. The other being Lightning from their special "13" trilogy.

User Info: Splatterhouse5

Splatterhouse5
1 week ago#6
I actually do think of Nemissa / Hitomi as the real main character, while Silent Band-Aid Man is just there because the guys at Atlus couldn't stop themselves from including the generic male self-insert.

Persona 1's similar, where Mary's the person the journey's about and who has an intimate connection with the final boss.

And I'd ALMOST say Mitsuru's the natural choice for Persona 3's MC: the one who was there from the beginning, founded SEES, is trying to stop her family's mistake from consuming the world.
Police abolition: the fascist's fear.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
  3. How cool would the story/plot be if it starred Hitomi & not Mr. Nameless?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A