• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. Having trouble choosing between D/Ns and Ns/A for link party

User Info: apaperbackhero

apaperbackhero
1 month ago#1
As topic says. I am trying to choose between the two for linker party trying to weigh out the pros and cons.

My full party list is

FRONT: L/B ?/? F/D
BACK: R/I A/M

I feel like I get the best aoe random battle destruction with a Ns/B through auto spread and venom throw, but on foes I find myself hitting swift edge even if no ailment is up to proc my L/B's links when they are flowing. Which is a damage nerf during F.O.E.s and bosses. Though I sometimes go for landing the next ailment instead since A/M drops releasal to reduce resistance back to base and Volt Rune + Galvanic Rune from R/I can produce a decent amount of links a long with attacks from F/D.

The D/Ns on the other hand is great against F.O.E.s and Bosses due to Attack Tango buffing up intial link attack damage for later links and fairly consistently getting at least 2-4 attacks with sword dance + blade flurry combo and less down time due to dances lasting quite a while and no reliance on ailment application, but personal damage is just sad. So sad that I often won't even have her attack in random battles and just cast attack tango and let the L/B and R/I deal with randoms.

D/Ns is the current party member, but since random battles are one of the most common battles you take on in this game I feel like Ns/B would end up being the more well rounded trash killer with good boss damage and the D/Ns attack tango isn't all that necessary. However the bonuses from Burst Saver and Dance Master are boosts easily forgotten.

I have also thought about switching my Ns/B to an Ns/A. Loses that monster power from Blood Surge but gains much more consistency with ailment application with ailment boost. As A/M isn't exactly a monster bind / ailment applier and mostly just circles for healing support.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. Having trouble choosing between D/Ns and Ns/A for link party
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A