• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. Imperial/Runemaster build advice

User Info: Ryosagi

Ryosagi
2 months ago#1
Not sure what to focus on outside of elemental stuff and if so, how many points to but in them. Do I max out any of the "Edge" trees or touch Accel Drive, Finisher, or Ignition trees? Class is kind of confusing me, lol!
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#2
The main skills are the three elemental drives and then the damage boosting passives from Runemaster. Definitely pick up Imperial's class skill. Charge Edge and Ignition are key skills for certain skill rotations. Power/Element Boost is more damage. All those skills are worth maxing eventually, though passives are lower priority. Power Gloves are good to equip for Charge once you have them. That would be everything I'd consider to be core.

Accel Drive isn't super useful because it won't often be hitting a weakness, so it won't benefit from Runic Guidance. Finisher and Absorber are optional. One option is to temporarily keep the elemental drives at 3 or lower and max Finisher/Absorber, which will completely refund the cost of the drive if used to kill an enemy by hitting an elemental weakness. Assault Drive and the edge skills besides Charge Edge can be worth maxing for the situations where you use them, but maxing them is very low priority.

TP Boost and/or Free Energy can help with TP issues, but you can get by without them. Fire/Ice/Volt Rune aren't really worth investing in since Imperial usually has something better to be doing. Overdrive is optional, but has its uses in certain fights. Hawkeye is much like Fire/Ice/Volt Rune in that it's rarely ever worth the turn spent on not dealing damage. Wide Effect can be useful for clearing out randoms. Drive Mastery is worth picking up when you have spare points.

Ryosagi
2 months ago#3
Thanks! Do I have to any specific "combos" to get the best elemental damage/few cooldowns?
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#4
Fire/Ice/Volt Rune supplied from someone else helps for the extra damage and ensuring that you're getting the Runic Guidance damage boost. Ideal skill rotations for bosses/FOEs depend on how long you expect the battle to last.

1 turn is just Shock/Freeze/Flame Drive.

2 turns is Charge > Shock/Freeze/Flame Drive.

3 turns is Sharp Edge > Charge Edge > Shock/Freeze/Flame Drive.

4 turns is Sharp Edge > Cool Edge > Charge Edge > Shock/Freeze/Flame Drive. Alternatively, drop Cool Edge and use Fire/Ice/Volt Rune.

5 turns is Assault Drive > Sharp Edge > Cool Edge > Charge Edge > Shock/Freeze/Flame Drive.

6+ turns is Assault Drive > Heat Sink > Charge > Shock/Freeze/Flame Drive > Ignition > Shock/Freeze/Flame Drive.

That would be the basic idea, though some situations call for variations, like if you need early damage on an add in a boss fight. You're not usually going to have a clear idea of how long a fight is going to last so the safe option is to do the 3 turn skill rotation for short-ish fights and the 6+ skill rotation for long-ish fights.

Ryosagi
2 months ago#5
Thanks for the advice! Didn't realize so many combo potential. Now I feel like I played Logre kind of badly. Will correct that!

Ryosagi
2 months ago#6
On the turns thing, is the "2 turns to Charge" or the 6+ Charge after Heat Sink mean Charge Edge or Runic Gleam?

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#7
It specifically means Charge, which is a skill you can only get from the Power Gloves (or as I/B). If you don't have Charge, then it's usually better to skip the 2 turn rotation and just go for Charge Edge instead. For 6+ turns, it's best to do the 5-turn rotation and use Ignition after the Shock/Freeze/Flame Drive.

Ryosagi
2 months ago#8
Now I understand, forgot about those. Thanks again! Very impressed with the damage output so far.

Ryosagi
1 month ago#9
Are the Power Gloves from a quest or a treasure? Hope I didn't sell them by accident. Can't find where you can get them.

YoruWestwood
1 month ago#10
They're from a treasure chest obtainable towards the end of the 5th main dungeon.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. Imperial/Runemaster build advice
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A