• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. How much do HIT forges increase accuracy by?

User Info: aturf

aturf
1 month ago#1
Pretty much the title. I've looked through the board and all the info I get is "increases accuracy by a little", but the answers/FAQs were from 5-6ish years ago so maybe we know more now?

Asking for a friend who's a Sniper equipped with the Aim Goggles (5x HIT Forges) who only connected 2 of 10 Squall Volley strikes :(

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
1 month ago#2
The skill guide mentions the value in the accuracy section. Each HIT forge is +3% accuracy, stacking additively, which is the same as ATK and ELM forges. Aim Goggles only gives +15 accuracy, which is not nearly enough to overcome the -60 accuracy penalty from Squall Volley.

Sniper stats are usually high enough to push accuracy in your favor, so getting to at least +40 will often be adequate. Spotter is the main way to reach that, though Landshark's class skill + Target Goggles is another option. Of course, you can prevent the target from dodging with leg bind/paralyze/blind/panic, but it can be difficult to land those consistently against bosses/FOEs.

User Info: aturf

aturf
1 month ago#3
Thank you! The answer would be in the one FAQ I didn't check :/

I had been going with Spotter up until now to account for the accuracy (4th Labyrinth, party is F/D L/B R/A || S/B M/R) but it's kind of annoying/boring not being able to really use more than 1 buff for each character (one spot is taken by a Rune and the other by Spotter) so I've been trying out alternatives.

Just to make sure I get what's going on (because my goal is to destroy everything with a flurry of Link Procs & Sniper Crits): Landsknecht's Lv4 Initiative is a +20 accuracy bonus and then Hit Goggles are +15 over that. Not sure how much the Sniper's stats will add but regardless Squall Volley should be at least 75% accuracy. Is this how it works, or am I missing something?

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
1 month ago#4
That would be correct. If your Sniper's stats are high enough compared to the enemy to not lower your accuracy, then Landshark's class skill + Aim Goggles means that Sniper will have at least 75% accuracy with Squall Volley. Once you have Target Goggles, you can add another 3 HIT forges, bringing that up to 84% accuracy. You can throw some HIT forges onto an offhand dagger if you want an added boost.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. How much do HIT forges increase accuracy by?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A