• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. Are ATK forges reflected in the Attack stat?

User Info: JohnJSal

JohnJSal
2 months ago#1
Let's say I have a weapon equipped with three ATK forges on it, and there's a new weapon available with a higher attack value, but no forge slots. If the new weapon shows that my Attack stat will still increase, does that mean it is stronger than my current weapon, even with its ATK forges? Or do the forges further increase the damage in a way that isn't visibly shown?

Thanks!

User Info: Terragent

Terragent
2 months ago#2
No, they're not. ATK and ELM forges are a separate damage multiplier (and not applied very consistently from skill to skill, unfortunately).
The person who respects the letter of the law but not the spirit is a person with no justice in their heart.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#3
What is it again? About a 3% damage boost per forge?

I'm sure I have the numbers around somewhere. Try searching the forum for a thread about SCIENCE.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#4
Your displayed attack value isn't the most useful number, since whether higher weapon attack or more ATK forges is better can vary from enemy to enemy. Which one you want also changes based on how many ATK forges you have already. If you want a general rule, always go with the higher weapon attack, since that's most likely going to be the correct answer.

For some specifics, ATK and ELM forges each give a 3% damage boost, stacking additively with themselves, so three ATK forges is a 1.09 multiplier at best. If the old weapon attack multiplied by 1.09 isn't higher than than the new weapon attack, then there is no scenario where the old weapon is better.

ATK forges will always benefit any skill with a physical component and ELM forges will always benefit any skill with an elemental component. Any skill with a physical and elemental component will benefit from both ATK and ELM forges, with the exception of links, which only benefit from ATK forges. For skills that benefit from both ATK and ELM forges, the biggest damage boost you can get is by splitting evenly between ATK and ELM forges.

User Info: JohnJSal

JohnJSal
2 months ago#5
If the old weapon attack multiplied by 1.09 isn't higher than than the new weapon attack, then there is no scenario where the old weapon is better.

This is what I needed to know! I wasn't sure if the math worked like this, so I didn't want to assume. Thanks!
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. Are ATK forges reflected in the Attack stat?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A