• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. How do status ailments work on weapons?

User Info: JohnJSal

JohnJSal
2 months ago#1
Currently I have one of each status ailment on my Nightseeker's two weapons. There's a new weapon I can upgrade to that will give me an additional forge slot, but does it help to have more than one forge of the same ailment on the same weapon? Or even across both weapons? What's the best way for this to work?

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#2
Adding more forges for the same bind or ailment will increase the infliction chance, but the bulk of the chance of landing comes from Ailment Boost, so it doesn't matter much. Having the same bind/ailment on both weapons is great, since each weapon has its own separate chances. You ideally want as many different ailment forges as you can on each weapon, with both weapons having one of each of the forges.

Ailment forges only work on basic attacks. Are you using Nightseeker to land ailments through basic attacks or throws? Basic attacks can guarantee a minimum chance to land an ailment, and don't require you to know what throw to use, but can have a lower chance to land an ailment than using the correct throw. If you use the throws to land ailments, you free up all your forge slots for ATK, which is a fairly large increase in damage.

JohnJSal
2 months ago#3
Ah, good point. I tend to use throws most of the time (which I know the forges won't help with), but every now and then I just let everyone auto attack when it's an easy fight, and that usually ends up proccing TP Return a few times, which is cool.

But yeah, since I don't rely on the weapons for ailments, should I just put ATK forges in all the slots?

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#4
Yeah, I'd run straight ATK forges on N/A. Ailment-forged daggers can work, but in terms of landing ailments, A/N is better at the task. ATK forges are better at playing to the strengths of N/A,

JohnJSal
2 months ago#5
Thanks. That seems so obvious now, but I wasn't even thinking that before!
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. How do status ailments work on weapons?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A