• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. A few skill allocation questions

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#21
Yes, you only get 2 chases max out of Chase Samba at level 4, and the second chance isn't guaranteed. For multi-hit moves, each individual hit is another chance for a hit from Chase Samba. The way it would work in practice is that you'd get a guaranteed follow-up hit when your Landshark uses the link skill itself, giving one link proc. Then Swift Edge goes, with 4 hits giving a 94% chance and 5 hits giving 97% chance of the second Chase Samba hit. Follow Trace lets you try again if you somehow didn't get the second Chase Samba hit already.

The end result is that it's an almost guaranteed 2 link procs. 2-3 procs from Swift Edge and 2-3 procs from Galvanic/Glacier Rune almost cover all 8. Follow Trace or additional hits from Fortress or Arcanist allow you to reach the cap fairly consistently.

As a note for the decision between maxing Iron Wall or Line/Party Shield, Iron Wall only reduces physical damage, so Line/Party Shield have the added benefit of helping with elemental attacks.

User Info: JohnJSal

JohnJSal
2 months ago#22
Thanks! I think I'll keep Line/Party Shield maxed, but I'll move some points from Ally Shield into Iron Wall.

JohnJSal
2 months ago#23
Hmm, regarding Runic Flare vs. Runic Guidance, I'm not sure I see a significant difference.

With Runic Guidance at 3/6 you get a 34% damage boost and at 6/6 you get 40%.

With Runic Flare at 10/10, you get 25% vs. 21% at 7/10.

Seems like basically the same thing either way, unless I'm misunderstanding the math behind it.

JohnJSal
2 months ago#24
On the other hand, if I remove the three points from Free Energy, I could max Runic Guidance without losing any points in Runic Flare! I may do that!
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. A few skill allocation questions
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A