• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. Landsknecht: Dual-Wield or Shield?

User Info: JohnJSal

JohnJSal
2 months ago#1
So I finally got to the point of respecing my Lands, and I'm wondering if I should put any points in Weapon Parry, or just keep my shield. WP actually sounds pretty good...just a single point gives you 10% damage reduction, which seems like it might even be better than some extra defense from a shield.

Also, I subbed Bushi, so dual-wielding would also allow me to use Defiance.

I just don't want to be too squishy.

Thanks!

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#2
Armor means very little in EOIV. Weapon Parry does more for your bulk than a shield. Landshark is plenty bulky even if you skipped a shield and Weapon Parry. Defiance is arguably the biggest reason to take sub Bushi. There is way too much to gain by dual wielding.

This doesn't actually end up being a relevant question in the first place, since you can dual wield and use a shield at the same time. The actual decision to make is if you want a shield or an accessory. A +HP accessory is going to do more for your bulk, so the only reason to even consider a shield is if you want Power/Mind Break. Not to mention that the eventual ATK accessory will do more for you than using that slot for defense.

User Info: JohnJSal

JohnJSal
2 months ago#3
Nice, thanks!

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#4
Landies are good jugglers. :P
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. Landsknecht: Dual-Wield or Shield?