• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. How does this party setup sound?

User Info: JohnJSal

JohnJSal
2 months ago#11
One more question, now that I'm trying to put some builds together with specific skills. I'm a little concerned about Blood Surge/Auto-Surge for the L and R. I suppose the HP is easy enough to heal, especially with the constant Arcanist circle heal, but the TP cost scares me. If Auto-Surge triggers for every random encounter, won't I be losing TP at a very quick rate? I can see maybe using Blood Surge only during FOE/boss fights, but Auto-Surge won't give me that option. Do I need to have Deep Breath? How does this all play out, practically speaking? Am I going to be running back to town every few fights to recover TP?

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#12
You'll want Deep Breath. You pick it up on the way to Surge Mastery regardless. Even without it, the additional TP drain from Blood Surge is minimal, especially if you keep it at rank 1. Auto-Surge procs actually end up being great for TP, since you can immediately use Deep Breath to restore a large chunk of HP.

JohnJSal
2 months ago#13
YoruWestwood posted...
You'll want Deep Breath. You pick it up on the way to Surge Mastery regardless. Even without it, the additional TP drain from Blood Surge is minimal, especially if you keep it at rank 1. Auto-Surge procs actually end up being great for TP, since you can immediately use Deep Breath to restore a large chunk of HP.

But doesn't using Deep Breath sort of waste a turn and set you back?

User Info: YoruWestwood

YoruWestwood
2 months ago#14
In random encounters the one turn isn't a huge deal. If you're ending the fight in one turn, just skip Deep Breath and clear everything out. If you're not, then losing one action on one character will barely slow you down. Sometimes you can even Deep Breath and clear the encounter in one turn.

JohnJSal
2 months ago#15
Ok, I'll see how it goes. I almost have my skill plans ready to use! I just unlocked subclasses, so it's time!
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  3. How does this party setup sound?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A