• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: cheereos

cheereos
7 years ago#1
Alright, the game is seriously pissing me off. Part of why I didn't really play the original DS game was because of the stupid voice recognition. This game started off fine, the very first time I played it I was very quickly able to name the dog and taught it the first three tricks. However, the fourth trick (lie down), I CANNOT get it to learn however many times I tried. I thought the mic was faulty so I went to the settings to check but it was workin alright.

I also bought a new cat and had SO MUCH trouble getting it to recognize its name (it's not even a hard name 'Coco') I almost threw my 3DS to the wall.

In case you guys are gonna ask, yes I pronounced the words the same way in the same tone. It just always doesn't recognize. Most times it doesn't even repeat the words I said, only question marks come out of the animal's head.

Any tips on this?

User Info: Kitt Thrust

Kitt Thrust
7 years ago#2
odd.. I've had no trouble naming my three dogs and two cats or teaching my dogs tricks. Is there a lot of background noise where you're playing ? Are you accidentally covering the mic ?
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!

User Info: aiRWaLKRe

aiRWaLKRe
7 years ago#3
Turn off ALL background noise :( and if you have a fan blowing on you, turn it away ( my mic picks up the fan air going by the mic ). There does seem to be a small time limit on how quickly you have to say the word clearly and in the same tone, I'm not sure how long that timer is. Then you also have to consider some dogs are more dumb than others and training them can be a pain. My dog was so dumb at first I trained the paws as " left " and " right" without the word "paw" ( since tricks with the same word in two different tricks can get the dog confused ) and even then a couple times I would say left and the dumb dog but up the right paw. Some dogs are just dumb and need lots and lots and lots of training.

Cats can be dumb too. It still takes a few calls of my cat for it to come :/

User Info: Dark_Knight_94

Dark_Knight_94
7 years ago#4
cheereos posted...
Alright, the game is seriously pissing me off. Part of why I didn't really play the original DS game was because of the stupid voice recognition. This game started off fine, the very first time I played it I was very quickly able to name the dog and taught it the first three tricks. However, the fourth trick (lie down), I CANNOT get it to learn however many times I tried. I thought the mic was faulty so I went to the settings to check but it was workin alright.

I also bought a new cat and had SO MUCH trouble getting it to recognize its name (it's not even a hard name 'Coco') I almost threw my 3DS to the wall.

In case you guys are gonna ask, yes I pronounced the words the same way in the same tone. It just always doesn't recognize. Most times it doesn't even repeat the words I said, only question marks come out of the animal's head.

Any tips on this?

3 Tricks a day your dog can learn. Say tricks in a quite environment, the same way, This annoys me since in my house the TVs are ALWAYS blasting... ugh

Are you putting the hand on the side from top to bottom? Have you been looking at the tricklist on how to do tricks? I hate to ask but most people don't...

Don't throw your 3DS...

Good, you know how to play.
I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN
Ignorance. Opinion. Exaggeration. Speculation. Top 4 Things on the 3DS Boards;
People who Agree so Far: 28

User Info: Pailzor

Pailzor
7 years ago#5
I've barely had any trouble with them learning the tricks... I even varied the tone slightly between the three recordings.. My only problem is in the contests... Right after going over all the tricks a few times in the house, and getting them all perfect, I go to a contest, and the stupid dog somehow doesn't understand anymore.
Black: Pailzor/0776-4003-4903

User Info: cheereos

cheereos
7 years ago#6
Thanks for the tips, I'll probably try and see if I can have total silence when I try later. Surprisingly the very first time where there were no mic problems, it wasn't exactly quiet in the background. Or maybe it's really just the dog (it's a Maltese and I don't remember them being a smart breed). Should probably get a shepherd lol.
  • Topic Archived