• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. Stuck on end game as Riku? *spoilers*

User Info: Phase 8

Phase 8
1 year ago#1
I tried asking this on the KH 2.8 board, but got didn't get much feedback. I'm up to fighting Young Xehanort, and he's just kinda thoroughly kicking my butt. I barely squeaked by the first phase, only to get slaughtered in the second. And further attempts haven't seen me past the first phase again.

I'm level 36, and I know the area level is 38, so maybe just grinding levels would be enough? But looking at other topics for this fight, I see mention of several skills(Dark Barrier/Roll/Aura, Once More, Firaga Burst, Meteor Crash), and I don't have any of those. I can't drop to change the forecast and get the expanded Moogle Shop, so I have limited resources for making newer DEs(and it seemed a lot of the ones with those abilities require stuff I'm unable to buy?). My standard command set has been Curaga x2, Thundara x2, that triple lightning ball move, Firaga x2, and other magic commands as I can fit.

Any advice on what I can do to get better prepared?
"Veil of time descend. Atop the ash tree wend. Light of the stars portend. The feather shalt transcend..."
PSN - theonesin, Pawn: Dmitri(Mage)

User Info: Ray_Sam

Ray_Sam
1 year ago#2
For the 1st phase, I would recommend 2-3 curaga and the rest of the command list with magic that follow the opponent (like dark firaga) and maybe "Dark Splicer". When he reverts to the clock form you have to dive quickly before he rewinds time with a few HP. After the dive you have to use magic while avoiding his "invincible" attacks with the double jump and spamming curaga if you have few HP.
As DE, you should have one with a Slow Screen ability in the party, because his attacks inflict slow debuff and kill you with his combo. If you want to unlock new abilities just farm link points with pets and exercise.
You should be careful in how you create the command deck because you'll use that for the ventus armor nightmare boss fight, but I think you can still win with the same moves.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. Stuck on end game as Riku? *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived