You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. PORTAL GLITCH FAQ: Missing a portal? Portals swapped between characters?
(message deleted)

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
6 years ago#32
doomie22 posted...
So, when it glitches, can I tell by accessing areas for a character that they shouldn't be able to?

No, you can tell because you can't find the portals where they should be, since the portals available when it glitches are in areas that are inaccessible.
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
SID - KarmaTheAlligator

User Info: solarisjedi

solarisjedi
6 years ago#33
I was wondering how I still couldn't find some portals even after doing entire sweeps of worlds >.>

Time to do some major dropping.
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards

User Info: doomie22

doomie22
6 years ago#34
Good thing I can just drop two or three times in a row to reset. Will they patch this later or do you think they will even bother?
KHDDD-best portable KH anyway

User Info: BMSirius

BMSirius
6 years ago#35
doomie22 posted...
Good thing I can just drop two or three times in a row to reset. Will they patch this later or do you think they will even bother?

If the only glitch in the game is the one I describe, then I don't think they'll bother. However, someone mentioned that there's a variation of the glitch where two characters have the SAME forecast, and apparently for that individual dropping did not help. So if there is indeed a variation of the glitch that can only be fixed by beating the game until it "re-glitches" back to normal, it should really be patched.
PSN for Dragon's Dogma: MrDifficult (Pawn: Merritt)
General Use PSN: DarkestSamus

doomie22
6 years ago#36
Wow, just started a new game and already glitched. I beat special 2 with sora and the collection states I beat one of rikus portals. Its the first special portal I've beaten but it also filed in the forecast for the next drop.

doomie22
6 years ago#37
Also would like to confirm the 2 drop method works. I didn't save the special 2 in traverse town and was able to find soras portal after that. Thanks, without this sticky, I wouldn't even know about this and how too fix it. SE really dropped the ball on this one.

User Info: chipmonklord17

chipmonklord17
6 years ago#38
apolloflameowns posted...
can't find riku's special portal 6 in monstro QQ. And considering how I didn't finish the game yet I dont think I'm suffering from this gltich o_O

I'm having the exact same problem with this portal specifically and another in CoM with Riku. I've dropped multiple times in an attempt to unglitch the game but it didn't work and neither of these portals will show up. Everything else seems to work fine though
Red Joker Cygnus Noise FC 300860477714

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
6 years ago#39
apolloflameowns posted...
can't find riku's special portal 6 in monstro QQ. And considering how I didn't finish the game yet I dont think I'm suffering from this gltich o_O

I'm having the exact same problem with this portal specifically and another in CoM with Riku. I've dropped multiple times in an attempt to unglitch the game but it didn't work and neither of these portals will show up. Everything else seems to work fine though

For the Monstro one, it's probably in the room where you have to make the "ground" rise up, the portal will only appear when you do. For the Country of Musketeers one, it's probably the Me Me Bunny, which is in the hidden space in the Machine Room.
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
SID - KarmaTheAlligator

User Info: Demoncide

Demoncide
6 years ago#40
Riku's portal #6 in Monstro is in the Cavity. You have to hit the switch-thing on the north side of the big room that makes the platforms rise up, it's on top of the big platform.

Related: The first two waves of enemies can easily fall off the platform. The final wave (the penguins) won't spawn until you go back up top and walk near their spawn point.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. PORTAL GLITCH FAQ: Missing a portal? Portals swapped between characters?