You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. Complete list of Disposition-locked hidden paths

User Info: dozingdevil

dozingdevil
6 years ago#41
Brodius posted...
I noticed that the FAQ didn't mention that if you want to change a DEs disposition right after changing it already, you need to exit out of the menu?

Also, I've found that some DEs will immediately change after 1 or 2 bits of food, while others will take everything you have and still not change. Is that correct or am I missing something?

yeah i had intentions of adding that in (the exiting the menu) but i was waiting on permission from gipig to quote him exactly on some stuff he said, because he said them as clear as they could be. it wasnt until after i'd submitted the first version i got a reply, they'll be in the next update, i just wanted the important stuff out there first.

I've noticed that about food as well, but honestly i cant say theres a reason, i can only assume sometimes you're lucky sometimes you're not. honestly petting them is MUCH faster once you know what you're doing. Food is unreliable at best, but potentially better at LP gain here and there (I've had moments where they were getting 40+LP a pop which was amazing lol)

I als did some testing and noticed balloons can give up to about 100 (if not more affinity) that would be included, as will a general affinity boosting guide and some more stuff with recipes (specifically base ranks and required numbers for every recipe)

theres a lot of work to do on dream eaters!
F-L-A...Got it memorized?

User Info: Brodius

Brodius
6 years ago#42
dozingdevil posted...
Brodius posted...
I noticed that the FAQ didn't mention that if you want to change a DEs disposition right after changing it already, you need to exit out of the menu?

Also, I've found that some DEs will immediately change after 1 or 2 bits of food, while others will take everything you have and still not change. Is that correct or am I missing something?

yeah i had intentions of adding that in (the exiting the menu) but i was waiting on permission from gipig to quote him exactly on some stuff he said, because he said them as clear as they could be. it wasnt until after i'd submitted the first version i got a reply, they'll be in the next update, i just wanted the important stuff out there first.

I've noticed that about food as well, but honestly i cant say theres a reason, i can only assume sometimes you're lucky sometimes you're not. honestly petting them is MUCH faster once you know what you're doing. Food is unreliable at best, but potentially better at LP gain here and there (I've had moments where they were getting 40+LP a pop which was amazing lol)

I als did some testing and noticed balloons can give up to about 100 (if not more affinity) that would be included, as will a general affinity boosting guide and some more stuff with recipes (specifically base ranks and required numbers for every recipe)

theres a lot of work to do on dream eaters!

I managed to complete a 3rd of my DEs boards, or rather unlock the entire board, before I ran into 2 DEs that wouldn't change, and this was over about 2 hours which I think is pretty good. This was with food alone.
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"

User Info: BMSirius

BMSirius
6 years ago#43
I haven't read the posts in this thread to know if this has been mentioned, but just in case it hasn't...

Dream Eater Disposition change is not ENTIRELY random. Green and Yellow eyes come from petting. Purple and Blue eyes come from poking. Eye color will alternate if the same method of touching is used; for example, if you have Purple and keep poking, you'll get Blue. if you continue to Poke, you'll alternate back to Purple.
PSN for Dragon's Dogma: MrDifficult (Pawn: Merritt)
General Use PSN: DarkestSamus

dozingdevil
6 years ago#44
positive and negative rubs/pokes also apparently exist, but are less apparent when you first begin petting due to the higher chance of increased point gain (making it possible for negative rubs/pokes to look positve)

for instance, sometimes a dream eater may be purple (poke) and you constantly poke it but wont change - you're probably poking it in the wrong spot (or havent exited the menu since its last change) and actually have pretty much no chance of a disposition change

this all comes from gipig, and I cant say if its 100% accurate yet, but I've certainly noticed things that may indicate this is correct.

Positive Rub = Green
Negative Rub = Yellow
Positive Poke = Blue
Negative Poke = Purple

the difficulty? Where they like to be rubbed/poked changes with each disposition AND varies from dream eater to dream eater.

User Info: Brodius

Brodius
6 years ago#45
Just thought I'd share something I just discovered; I was trying to change the disposition of a Dream Eater with block it chocolate. I gave it 20 and it never changed so I restarted my game, I gave it 10 and it never changed, so I restarted my game a 3rd time. I give it 6 and it changes... The DE was a Pegaslick by the way, and it had yellow eyes.

I do not like the randomness of it, but at least now I know I can reset the game if it trolls me.

Update: Just went through 5 more DEs and as sometimes they will change with 10 feeds, and then you reset and do it again after 2 feeds, this seems a lot quicker than petting and poking if you're happy to reset your game.
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"
(edited 6 years ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: LAA51

LAA51
6 years ago#47
The staggerceps DE command list is wrong.
I got everything for staggerceps and I didnt get the message saying I maxed out his command links. Then I changed his disposition to purple and unlocked 2 more commands: Dark Screen + Combo Plus.

I found this was the only dream eater composition needed to actually complete the command link board oddly enough, most if not all DE's I completed so far needed at least 2.

dozingdevil
6 years ago#48
LAA51 posted...
The staggerceps DE command list is wrong.
I got everything for staggerceps and I didnt get the message saying I maxed out his command links. Then I changed his disposition to purple and unlocked 2 more commands: Dark Screen + Combo Plus.

I found this was the only dream eater composition needed to actually complete the command link board oddly enough, most if not all DE's I completed so far needed at least 2.

i just checked my link board, and he definitely gets dark screen and combo + from disposition. i'll edit this in to my faq.

(xfyrenx can no longer edit the op) - i think staggerceps may have been my error though.
(edited 6 years ago)

User Info: Dark_twisted

Dark_twisted
6 years ago#49
Peepstra hoo may be wrong too. I have the purple and blue dispostion abilites and i'm still missing two abilities.
Not changing this sig until Dean Ambrose wins the WWE/WHC. Started 1-1-12.
I want my FF VI remaster, dammit!

User Info: Kreynor

Kreynor
6 years ago#50
Err.. guys.. there's an easier and cheaper way of changing dispositions: just pet them in the right spot.
This japanese wiki has lots of info about it: http://wikiwiki.jp/kh_3d/
(use Chrome to translate it with google translate. go to Dream Eater - Spirit and choose the one you want from the list at the bottom)
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. Complete list of Disposition-locked hidden paths