• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: 247gamekid

247gamekid
8 years ago#1
Well my DS lite has been acting up on me on and off for a while now, so I'm definatley looking for a replacement. But would it be worth it to wait for the Nintendo 3DS? What I mean is, does it look like a majority of DS games will be 3D in in the future? and if so should i just wait it out until it's released?
Brawl FC: 2363-6611-2834
Megaman SF2 FC 3480-5508-8361

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
8 years ago#2
Wait. Seriously, wait.
And asking "whether or not the majority of DS games will be 3D" is like asking "whether or not the majority of gameboy games are going to be advanced"
It's a WHOOOOOLE new system. Not just a slight upgrade.
Currently awaiting: BBS, Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, Pokemon BW
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Enfero_Lunos

User Info: Serpenttine

Serpenttine
8 years ago#3
I think it is worth it, especially if the pokemon series will continue on this system :p
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/unfringed/iherd.jpg

User Info: angrywalrus13

angrywalrus13
8 years ago#4
Given the technical capability of the 3DS, I'd say it's definitely worth it. Just look at the screens/trailers for the games coming out for it.
Thomx
like tommicks

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
8 years ago#5
It supposedly as powerful as the original Xbox..

I think any handheld with that kind of power is more than worth it.
Beware your oven may contain 1 of the four super programs needed to summon an apocalyptic monster. People who understand this sig:124

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
8 years ago#6
OMG! Angrywalrus13! I haven't seen you in forever! Possibly because I don't hang out much on the KH boards anymore...
Currently awaiting: BBS, Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, Pokemon BW
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Enfero_Lunos

User Info: KratosSama

KratosSama
8 years ago#7
Definitely worth it. I was skeptical of the 3DS until Nintendo's press conference, but now I'm definitely getting it. WAY better technically and graphically than the DSi, adjustable 3D intensity, 3D camera, 3D movies, and a staggering lineup of games/developers on board - Kid Icarus, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, Paper Mario, Star Fox, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Ninja Gaiden, Assassin's Creed...Plus hints at potential Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Super Mario Bros. titles...No matter who you are, if you're a gamer, there's bound to be something you've been waiting for. Many things, in my case. This not only blows Nintendo's handhelds out of the water, it will likely eclipse the PSP in sheer technical capability. And FINALLY an analog stick!! (Sorry, "Slide Pad"...whatever. It's ten times better than a D-pad.)

User Info: slickvic1990

slickvic1990
8 years ago#8

you should check out the confirmed lineup so far. its definately worth it. Paper Mario 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, a possible 3D remake of Ocarina of Time, PilotWings 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Metal Gear Solid 3 3D, Assassins Creed 3D, a new Mario Kart 3D, and more. not to mention Kingdom Hearts 3D. its definitely looking like its worth it, and everything ive read and seen so far has been all positive.

also, it'll be able to watch 3D movies and take 3D pictures. and the best part? NO GLASSES! (dang, i said 3D way too much in this post)

User Info: rikudo_sennin

rikudo_sennin
8 years ago#9
So, if I understand correctly, the 3DS can project 3D images? And it uses something called a Parellax Barrier to do so?
Your "tiers" mean nothing to me, so quit crying.
  • Topic Archived