• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Would this game work on the Switch?

User Info: Brandon042487

Brandon042487
3 months ago#1
So I loved this game, but I couldn't help but wonder if this game could be remastered for the Nintendo Switch, do you think it could work with it's unique control scheme? And would you think this game would look amazing with a graphic update?
3DS FC: 5413-0222-6739

User Info: MasterKnight75

MasterKnight75
2 months ago#2
I would like to see a remaster that fixes the balance, which IS partly tied to the controls and issues with UI feedback. There's no reason weapon modifiers should be kept as powerful as they are once the controls have more customization options such as gyro controls and the UI is patched up to provide better information.

In the meantime, somebody has at least come up with a way to play the game with KB+M, though external resources IS needed for as much:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eblKwdLpKJo
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH

User Info: The_Pup

The_Pup
2 months ago#3
Brandon042487 posted...
So I loved this game, but I couldn't help but wonder if this game could be remastered for the Nintendo Switch, do you think it could work with it's unique control scheme? And would you think this game would look amazing with a graphic update?
Don't have a Switch, so I don't know the quality of the screen or if there's a stylus.

What makes KI:U and Metroid Prime: Hunters work so well was the stylus controls. Which is a legit good control scheme for FPS/TPS games.

For MP:H, the control scheme was good for precision but the character turn rate was terrible because you had to aim towards the edge of the screen and that was slow and clunky.

KI:U used a "spin the globe" where you swipe for quick camera spin, tap to stop, then hold and draw on the screen for more precise aiming. It's analogous to a trackball, but using a stylus.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Trackball-Kensington-ExpertMouse5.jpg

MP:H on the DS was pretty good, but the screen and stylus was primitive so the feeling of it was a little rough if the bottom screen was scratched. With KI:H the 3DS, the stylus and screen interaction was pretty smooth since the 3DS screen didn't form noticeable scratches.

My big problem with touch-screen controls on a smartphone was my fingers gripping the screen and making it hard to make sliding/swiping motions, which is uncomfy. I have no idea what the quality of the Switch screen is for touch controls.

What was bad about KI:U's default control scheme is that the system is a handheld, so you need support of some kind (such as your thigh) to not tire out the hand you use to hold the system (KI:U shipped with a stand to hold the 3DS). Which would seem worse with switch.

I have no idea how well the Switch's motion controls work. My point of reference would be how 3DS aiming is for that feature demo target-shooting minigame and how annoying 3D Zelda OOT motion aiming was, and the IR feature of Wiimotes; which isn't favorable since they'd probably be on the level of MP:H's camera controls.

Ignoring traditional FPS-on-console controls since those are good, but aren't as agile as PC-like camera controls that KI:U had.

I'd probably shrug with a graphics update. You'd probably just be getting more detailed models and effects to match with the cutscenes. Nintendo's properties tend work on style over detail, so it's like going from GameCube Mario to Wii Mario. It's just Mario with more some more polygons. So don't know how big of an improvement upped graphics would be. Maybe they'll put grass on some of the stages?
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
2 months ago#4
I'm sure there's a way they could make it work, but I doubt we'll ever see it happen.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Would this game work on the Switch?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How do you delete save data? General4 Answers
Is Palutena Pit's mom? Plot2 Answers
How to get a strong weapon? Side Quest3 Answers
Weapon farming? Side Quest3 Answers
Ultimate weapon??? General5 Answers