Passing on modifiers while fusing weapons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Passing on modifiers while fusing weapons?

User Info: Dragonifiedxx

Dragonifiedxx
6 months ago#1
I have an Insight Staff with two ranged stars and one and a half stars in melee. The modifiers are as follow:
Weakening +3
Speed +4
Evasion +4
Melee dash attack +3
I want to pass on all of these modifiers while raising the stars in both melee and range, but so far I’ve had no luck. Does anyone have any tips for how to do this?

User Info: timo4142

timo4142
6 months ago#2
Being a former player, the stats you get from fusion are generally random when you attempt to fuse. If you want to improve the item in exchange, you'll have to fuse to improve. As a former player, I'd recommend you not use Melee Dash Attack if you plan to do together mode, a lot of players could easily avoid that, so I recommend trading that stat away if you plan to use it for together mode.

User Info: The_Pup

The_Pup
6 months ago#3
It's not random. It's deterministic. It seems random because there are hidden (but known) values with fusion groups that weight how mods/stars are passed on.

Fusion calculator
Origininal: http://dintseye.web.fc2.com/
Translated SOURCE: http://pastebin.com/BQt2XyTC (copypaste into HTML file)

Also Melee Dash Attack is good in multiplayer. Learn to Manual Melee Dash Attack (dash, pull the control stick in the opposite direction while attacking) so you're less reliant on auto-targeted MDAs.

Dragonifiedxx
6 months ago#4
So what are those hidden values and how can I use them to increase the stars of my result?
(message deleted)

User Info: weare6789

weare6789
5 months ago#6
You want to make another weapon with higher value and similar mods. For the most part fusing is a trial and error based approach. If one weapon won't make a desired product with the insight staff, then fuse it to alter it slightly and try again. Other high value modifiers like Overall defense+5-8 are also good at increasing value, but not being passed on. Try to avoid multiple low value mods to increase value.

I wouldn't worry about fusion groups, especially since you are making a mixed weapon (melee and ranged stars) Just keep the value high and random mods to a minimum.
A Palutena Combo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSvxFjT6mW4

Dragonifiedxx
5 months ago#7
Alright, I do happen to have a weapon with OD +8, so I'll see how that works out.
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Passing on modifiers while fusing weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived