• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DaosXion

DaosXion
8 years ago#1
Could it be that she wasn't always evil but became bitter because humans revered palutena (the light) and had strayed away from worshiping her (the dark)?

Also she mentioned something to the effect that humans only worship gods when they want something (chap 6) so it's possible that her hatred of humans came from seeing them for the negative qualities, similar to how palutena loves humans for their goodness.
3DS FC: 4554-0416-0285, Brawl FC: coming soon

User Info: Unbounded

Unbounded
8 years ago#2
Stop trying to make this game more dramatic than it is.

She's the bad guy, Pit goes in, goes boom boom boom, she's defeated, we're done.

DaosXion
8 years ago#3
Aww but i wanted to see what people thought about my potential background... besides, some people like to analyze games like the people who analyzed Majora's mask.

It's not like speculation hurts anything.

I apologize if I offended you sir or madam.

User Info: Muted_Voice

Muted_Voice
8 years ago#4
That's kinda what I thought, too.
I'm pretty sure that she has a reason for hating humans. Not sure if it's jealousy, though, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully she appears again if there's another Kid Icarus, and we'll get some answers.
Maybe she'll join Pit and Palutena!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA no.

User Info: kukingina2

kukingina2
8 years ago#5
I noticed something too.. Medusa is the only character in this game that never told a joke or was part of something funny

heck even Cragalanche did something funny
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
So Is Metroid's gun a part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star Wars?

Muted_Voice
8 years ago#6
^^. Seriously. The only funny thing she said was that she's been gone for 25 years.

DaosXion
8 years ago#7
Ha, yeah, I think that her *spoiler* saving pit was a one time gig.

I only said jealousy so that it might spur some thought.

User Info: KazooieKong

KazooieKong
8 years ago#8
She probably just thinks humans are ugly, stupid, and annoying. That's it.
~Baffling Artist~

Muted_Voice
8 years ago#9
Ha, yeah, I think that her *spoiler* saving pit was a one time gig.

I only said jealousy so that it might spur some thought.

Was that really a gig? XD

She probably just thinks humans are ugly, stupid, and annoying. That's it.

But how long was she working as the Goddess of Darkness? She can't be born and just say "I hate these filthy humans" immediately. There's gotta be a reason.

I doubt it's important, though. -__-

User Info: TriforceBun

TriforceBun
8 years ago#10
In the original Kid Icarus, Medusa and Palutena are the two goddesses of equal power. But while Palutena was helpful to the humans, Medusa tormented them, turned them to stone, etc. As punishment, Palutena turned Medusa into a hideous monster, then Medusa retaliated by imprisoning Palutena and her army, and then unleashing the Underworld troops to wreak havoc. Palutena used the last of her ability to free Pit from his cell and the rest is history.

So it's possible she has/had some good in her, but it seems she's always been a bit of a troublemaker, or at least had some sort of lust for power and/or hate for humans.
My Kirby/Smash comics: www.brawlinthefamily.com
Mother 3 = Game of the Year 2006
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A