• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. From Dust
  3. question about origins

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
8 years ago#1
well, i just beat the game... i have to say, after the hell "movements" caused me trying to 100% complete it, it was nice to be given full reign for once...

anyway, i noticed with the breath of plants... all you can do is create normal vegetation and fire trees... why?

i mean, whats the point of fire trees without water trees, or explosive trees?

seems odd they give you all that power, but you're unable to have all the special trees.

also... uh, what language are these messages in that pop up listing what all the buttons do for each power?

i have no idea what any of them say... pronouncing them is one thing, understanding is another.
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo

User Info: Ahlyis

Ahlyis
8 years ago#2
You can get water and explosive trees. One of the buttons (Square, I think) will change the type of tree you are set to plant.

I have no idea what language problem you're running into. I seem to recall some names that weren't in English, but the power descriptions were all in English as far as I recall. I do remember that they disappeared too quickly though, making it very hard to fully read them before they were gone.
I'm just a pigment of your imagination.

User Info: kosher

kosher
8 years ago#3
basically triangle makes you out put large amounts of water/lava/earth and plants
circle takes it away....holding them down till you hear the dong like noise means it will do its max bidding.

ZeroJinKui
8 years ago#4
Ahlyis posted...
You can get water and explosive trees. One of the buttons (Square, I think) will change the type of tree you are set to plant.

I have no idea what language problem you're running into. I seem to recall some names that weren't in English, but the power descriptions were all in English as far as I recall. I do remember that they disappeared too quickly though, making it very hard to fully read them before they were gone.

i dont think i tried the square button... since didnt show up on the button lists.

also, you apparently didnt read my post closely enough... i said the lists that show up that tell you what each button does for that power...

when you get a new breath power, you get the power description, yeah... and after that... a list of most of the controller's buttons appears to the right of the screen, a list you need to press square to make go away.

all the names of the abilities are in some kinda... african language, or whatever.

i dunno how it could be hard to understand what im talking about... they're the only texts in the game that arent in english, and they're hard to miss, since they stay on the screen permanently until you press square.

ZeroJinKui
8 years ago#5
i played around a bit more with the trees... its not square that changes the trees, i apparently just have to highlight the fire trees and press triangle on them, and that changes the type.

anyway, i just remembered, i played around with the water power a bit.... pressing circle does absolutely nothing, it seems... but if i hold it down, it makes a large amount of water just drain out of the stage and into the ocean beyond the borders...

...but if you do it enough times, eventually you can even dry up the ocean that lies beyond the borders of the stage, leaving you in a huge, endless wasteland of rock.

funny thing is, any water that you try bringing into the stage seems to continue draining out into the nothingness, and there is no way of bringing back the ocean, as far as i can tell...

oh, and its kinda funny creating several tsunamis in a row and watching a monstrous wave of water form from almost nothing... strangely, though, this time when i drained the ocean completely, and then tried that... the "tsunami" was little more than a flat body of water leaking into the stage from ground level, instead of towering over everything.

has anyone else discovered strange things you can do with the powers, or know every single thing you can do with them?

User Info: Ahlyis

Ahlyis
8 years ago#6
ZeroJinKui posted...
when you get a new breath power, you get the power description, yeah... and after that... a list of most of the controller's buttons appears to the right of the screen, a list you need to press square to make go away.

all the names of the abilities are in some kinda... african language, or whatever.

i dunno how it could be hard to understand what im talking about... they're the only texts in the game that arent in english, and they're hard to miss, since they stay on the screen permanently until you press square.

I honestly don't remember seeing what you are describing. Granted, I spend my time working on the Challenge stages rather than the main game since there's nothing more to do in the main game. But I would've thought I'd remember something like you describe.

Oh well, whatever. Glad you figured out how to change your trees. :)
I'm just a pigment of your imagination.

User Info: CBrate

CBrate
8 years ago#7
Cycle through the tree types with Triangle.
Hue hue hue, Slash L, Hue hue hue, Baby.
  1. Boards
  2. From Dust
  3. question about origins
  • Topic Archived