• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Michael Jackson The Experience
  3. This game is awesome,review inside!

User Info: panic10

panic10
8 years ago#1
I dont get all the haters for this game. it has ALOT of his hits on it. both old & new.

stage effects are awesome! from pyros to lasers! music vids are done to the letter.

yes you get ALL his moves! in fact this is a teaching tool on real dancing. its hard at 1st but fun as heck. i did 7 hrs straight the 1st day.

best graphics yet for kinect. true 1:1 ratio as its you on stage! its even better than DC/DM. you have flash cards & the back up dancers to go by. i use the dancers. even a tutorial on his moves in songs.

all songs can be played right away. you can choose practice, sing, dance, performance & master performance ouch!

songs difficulty range from 1 dot to 5. so pick smartly. i did thiller & others without looking at rating lmao.

you're in his vids & on stage. so this is experience & not just a dance game. you get rated on dancing & singing. you can even turn pitch accuracy on for singing to match MJs voice ugh.
also you cant fail songs like in RB. plus all songs & difficulties are already unlocked, unlike DC.

overall prepare to sweat as you sing & dance as MJ. a cool thing too is coming onstage from a rising platform! seriously this is a must get if you're an MJ fan, own DC/DM.

i found nothing wrong with this game. you do need a fair amount of space for master level though. yes it does cover every songs moves! even has a warm up exercises to do. i really suggest you do them! i'm still sore lmao. great job on a great game. 9.5/10 for me.

User Info: sucram1

sucram1
8 years ago#2
I'm going to get this regardless of the negative remarks by others. I do have 1 question. I know the Kinect has a built in mic, but every video I've seen shown a person with a mic in hand. Do this game support the Lipps, RB or no hand held mic?
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.

panic10
8 years ago#3
sorry forgot the mic thing. you can use the built in mic or lips one. i use the lips one.

also to clear up a few more things. you can change the difficulty. you choose the dots & between performance & master performance mode. in master you get ALL his moves!

singing & dancing can be done seperatly too. the moves in the MJ school are in here too. also theres way more than 15 songs! any questions please ask me. only thing i dont know yet is how to access leaderboards. i'll post it once i find it.

User Info: MichaelJacksonE

MichaelJacksonE
8 years ago#4
Woah. Never seen this before. This is actually a lie. This is actually a false review. You don't get to choose those options at all. Only 9 of the 29 songs even have those options...

MichaelJacksonE
8 years ago#5
I never said there were only 15 songs. There are only 15 songs that you can "dance only" to. The other 14 you have to sing no matter what, and 5 of those 14 are SING only. There are no options for difficulty whatsoever.

panic10
8 years ago#6
^ you're a troll & so is your topic thread. i've gone through this game 7hrs straight. EVERYTHING i say is TRUE! take your trolling somewhere else!

panic10
8 years ago#7
master performance is the hardest difficulty lol. do you look at the menus and options?

your topic & posts are mostly lies. people buy games based on my reviews from my youtube channel & xbl friends list.

MichaelJacksonE
8 years ago#8
panic10 posted...
^ you're a troll & so is your topic thread. i've gone through this game 7hrs straight. EVERYTHING i say is TRUE! take your trolling somewhere else!

Dude, at some point you do realize that people are going to buy this game, go to the songs, and realize that you can't choose practice, dance, performance and master performance on every one right? That only 9 of 29 songs have a master performance option? And that you can't dance anything harder than the easiest routines unless you want to stop and sing in the middle of them?

And no, there isn't a way to choose the dots or difficulty for a song. For example, Bad, the dance only routine is 2 stars. That's it. You cannot make it more stars, you can't choose a difficulty. Bad is however one of the 9 songs that has the option of master performance which does make the moves closer to MJ's, but as I've stated before - you have to stop 3 or 4 times and sing. You have no option of selecting a difficulty on the 15 "dance only" songs.

Also you say the singing and dancing can be done seperately... uhm, no, not exactly. THat makes it sound like you can choose to dance or you can choose to just sing. You cannot. 5 songs are SING ONLY. 15 songs have the OPTION of dance only. THe rest you have no choice but to do both. If you know of a way to make more options by all means tell us.

MichaelJacksonE
8 years ago#9
Well dude, I can't blame you for you misleading information anymore...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/michael-jackson-the-experience/forum.html?board_id=m-1-997724&pid=997724

Gamespot just made it sound like there were 3 difficulty levels and that you could choose between them. And in fact, check out this section:

"Master Performance is the most difficult level of the three, with complex routines to follow and a full singing part. Lyrics are displayed at the bottom of the screen while you're performing, and you're given a rating based on your pitch and rhythm. Unfortunately, like dancing, there's a lack of visual feedback for your performance, so you won't find a pitch bar like you do in Rock Band or Guitar Hero. If you drop the difficulty down to Performance level, the singing part is reduced to certain sections of the song, while dancing parts remain the same."

Wow. Absolutely, 100% untrue. I don't think this guy even played the game. You aren't based on pitch and rhythm... just pitch (the makers even said that) and the singing part is always reduced to certain sections of the song no matter "master" or "performance". This is written as if there's a full singing part in the master performance. This guy just described options that are 100% not in the game. !?!?!?!?

User Info: Doma_Hizagami

Doma_Hizagami
8 years ago#10
It’s not perfect, not by a long shot. However, as a casual game just to have a decently fun time with friends, it does its job. I never expected to learn how to be the next Michael, because this is not an instructional choreography video. I expected to play a game, and it managed to do that much for me. Is it worth picking up at full price? No, not really. Is it worth picking up at all? I think so, as long as you are not planning to play alone all the time. I believe the unpolished creation of the game hurt it, but it was really the expectations that killed it for most.

My final word (not that it means much):
-It's not a dance instructional (Even if the MJ Dance School gives it that impression), it's a video game.
-The singing does indeed suck.
-It's flawed, but not completely unplayable.
-Great for casual play, not alone, but with friends and family. I would also imagine not being sober helping the hilarity along.
-Not even close to as good as Dance Central, but it doesn't feel like it needs to be to enjoy it, just to make it successful.
-Not a full price buy. Maybe half.
  1. Boards
  2. Michael Jackson The Experience
  3. This game is awesome,review inside!
  • Topic Archived