• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Michael Jackson The Experience
  3. Signed up specifically to warn everyone...

User Info: papusale

papusale
8 years ago#11
Thank you for the info.
If it's dancing and then stopping to sing, it's not the correct choreography. Smooth Criminal has almost consecutive dancing throughout the song and rarely any stopping and singing (specially the live version).

Guess I'll avoid this game.

User Info: Solid Snake 15

Solid Snake 15
8 years ago#12
i just played this game and I agree. whats the point of doing the songs if you cant do the legit choreography? the dance mode is too easy. the practice mode only lets you practice the easy routine. If you want to do the legit mj routine you have to do the "master" performance where you sing. and you cant even go to practice mode for the master routine. Its absolutely mind boggling.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

User Info: MichaelJacksonE

MichaelJacksonE
8 years ago#13
Another "the worst part is..."...

In the MJ school where the dancers teach you moves... those moves NEVER APPEAR IN THE GAME. !??! I watched the "school" part first and was thinking: "Damn, this is gonna be good..." and the dance moves were nothing like that. It's like 5 different sections of the company put this game together (visuals are ASTOUNDING) and never spoke to each other.

GODDDDDDDDDDD.

User Info: shagrath1983

shagrath1983
8 years ago#14

im buying it today, for 40 bucks at nebraska FM. I already have the kinect and the 9 songs u listed are PROBABLY the most important 9 songs that everyone on here wants to play. Thanks for the awsome review and all points you made seem spot on. but dont forget when you buy AC DC Rock band or Van Halen Guitar hero, ur simply buying that specific setlist. This will probably be the only MJ game for the kinect that will be out, ever.. so i will take what i can, thanks for the heads up NOW i know what im getting in this game.

User Info: FOiNeCrEwX

FOiNeCrEwX
8 years ago#15
You know why you dont see those moves shown in dance school ? Because they were made for Wii version and then carry over to PS3 and Xbox. Now I feel like maybe I should get PS3 version instead since they are using MJ avatar on screen like Wii version with more accurate motion tracking ... sigh.. i really want this game to be good for kinect but now I dont know.
*** Owner Turbo DSM.... Got BoOsT ? ***

MichaelJacksonE
8 years ago#16
shagrath1983 posted...

im buying it today, for 40 bucks at nebraska FM. I already have the kinect and the 9 songs u listed are PROBABLY the most important 9 songs that everyone on here wants to play. Thanks for the awsome review and all points you made seem spot on. but dont forget when you buy AC DC Rock band or Van Halen Guitar hero, ur simply buying that specific setlist. This will probably be the only MJ game for the kinect that will be out, ever.. so i will take what i can, thanks for the heads up NOW i know what im getting in this game.

The 9 songs I listed that use master mode? YOU CAN'T JUST DANCE TO in Master mode. THey stop every few seconds and make you sing a few lines and then go back to dancing. I think you're missing the point man...

MichaelJacksonE
8 years ago#17
[QUOTE="foinecrewx"]You know why you dont see those moves shown in dance school ? Because they were made for Wii version and then carry over to PS3 and Xbox. Now I feel like maybe I should get PS3 version instead since they are using MJ avatar on screen like Wii version with more accurate motion tracking ... sigh.. i really want this game to be good for kinect but now I dont know./QUOTE]

You couldn't possibly have wanted it to be good as bad as me. I bought it the moment I saw Smooth Criminal at Best Buy. It was the dance only version, and I knew they were only demoing the "Easy" version. Little did I realize it was the only version there was without singing.

User Info: threedown

threedown
8 years ago#18
are u kidding me, they actually force you to sing when u play on the harder difficutlies, what a load of crap... i just wanted to bust a move, im not a big fan of singing!!

MichaelJacksonE
8 years ago#19
threedown posted...
are u kidding me, they actually force you to sing when u play on the harder difficutlies, what a load of crap... i just wanted to bust a move, im not a big fan of singing!!

And it's not like a legitimate "hard" where you'd sing AND dance. You dance for a bit, then stop everything and sing, the dance again, then stop and sing.. like 3 or 4 times. It's annoying. And all the songs that give you the option of dancing only are the stripped down easy versions. This game lacks ANY options to choose a difficulty.

User Info: citsade

citsade
8 years ago#20

You all must be some sort of professionals where you just picked up this game less than 24 hours ago and have already mastered most of the dance routines.

I don't dance at all but love the concept of this game...and I got 1 star on Billie Jean.

You are all making a super big stink of things. How many Kinect games can you boast of as being good? 2? You're telling me you like all the tracks on Dance Central and that Volleyball appeals to you as much as all the other Sports games?

If you're going to be a first adopter, then be a little objective. Don't put in YOUR expectations of the game. Just like someone said eariler - how many games like this you expect to get? How many songs on here dont you like? 3 out of 27?

This isn't Guitar Hero, the game never claimed to be that....nor did it claim to be Dance Central. It claimed to be the Michael Jackson Experience - signature moves, and singing. He didn't only dance, but he did sometimes only sing - and at times he does both. If you dont like the break-up in the sections, then feel free to sing while you dance, and dance while you sing even though you dont get points for every second...no one is going to give you a lollipop because you got 5 stars.

1. Boards
  2. Michael Jackson The Experience
  3. Signed up specifically to warn everyone...
  • Topic Archived