• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. More effective sub-weapon grinding combo?

User Info: TrentallicA

TrentallicA
6 months ago#1
Chaos ring/master ring.
Or
Master ring/Master ring.
All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster
GT - Trantula45

User Info: GaelicFlame

GaelicFlame
6 months ago#2
If you have Bishamon Raiment and Fuma Gear, then 2x Master Rings would probably be more efficient. I always preferred to use 2x Masters myself, and even just with Bishamon your MP regen is already much better than with nothing.

Otherwise it depends on how you do it. For some subs you can keep hitting Menace feet with Astral/Master combo, and using potions to replenish your health (works best for long ranged subs, so you don't have to run that far from grimoire. Also good for Holy Water/R.FireBomb). If you're doing Beelzebub for multihit subs, it's definitely faster to use 2x Masters, bring 3x High Mind Up potions and just rush to the Boss room, using roof shortcut.

User Info: Gimmickss

Gimmickss
6 months ago#3
X2 master ring is the better combo of the 2 for sub leveling. Always level subs on hard mode as well.

TrentallicA
6 months ago#4
Currently I am running Master Rings, Bishamon Raiment and Fuma Armor. I don’t currently have any other Fuma Gear. I’m missing quite a bit of the gear from Chapter 10 and 11 since I originally stopped playing shortly after they released. And I can’t beat the bosses on my own yet much less with others.
GT - Trantula45

GaelicFlame
6 months ago#5
TrentallicA posted...
And I can’t beat the bosses on my own yet much less with others

For Fuma gear, you can do the mini-boss suicide farming. Basically you just go to one of the mini-boss room, open the chest there and die. Since each of the mini-boss chests has a chance to drop a particular piece of Fuma gear, it's actually one of the fastest and easiest ways to farm it with whip users.

Oxocutioner chest has Fuma Greaves
Chimyriad chest has Fuma Armor
Decapiclops chest has Fuma's Helm

TrentallicA
6 months ago#6
GaelicFlame posted...
TrentallicA posted...

For Fuma gear, you can do the mini-boss suicide farming. Basically you just go to one of the mini-boss room, open the chest there and die. Since each of the mini-boss chests has a chance to drop a particular piece of Fuma gear, it's actually one of the fastest and easiest ways to farm it with whip users.

That’s really helpful I’ll give it a shot. I also need Retro Gear minus the boots.
GT - Trantula45

GaelicFlame
6 months ago#7
TrentallicA posted...
I also need Retro Gear minus the boots.

Retro gear isn't that good compared to Fuma gear, so unless you want it for collection purposes, I wouldn't try farming it that hard.

However I might have a few tips for the Chapter 10 Boss fight. First of all, if you're playing with others, don't be afraid of staying outside of the boss room for a fight or two, and see how others evading his attacks. (just make sure you're standing far enough so his attacks don't hit you through walls. Standing on the stairs outside is safe) His patterns may be a bit tough to figure out on your own at first, but once you understand them, he's not actually that hard to fight. Although the fight is still usually pretty long, so it's more about endurance and staying focused.

If you're struggling more with the first form, try raising your Fire resistance as much as you can. Usually just equipping 2x Flame Necklace (can be bought from the shop), already helps quite a bit. This will make your defense against first form's fireballs really high, and you'll be able to take quite a few hits before going down. However it won't help you in any way against 2nd form, because it doesn't use fire anymore. So look at it as a good way to practice evading the first form's attacks without dying too fast.

For second from, his pinwheel attack is probably the one that gives people the most troubles. Make sure you use your whipper's dodge moves, if you're not comfortable enough to jumpkick through it. Also when he's facing you during pinwheel attack, you can always just jump over his head inbetween his first projectile "waves" and then uppercut through the rest of them, while they are going down on you.

Also Richter is probably the easiest character to beat R. Count with, out of whippers. I think it's not a very well known trick, but his Somersault move has I-frames, and he can dodge through pretty much every R.Count's attack with proper timing. Including first form's fire balls, and second form's pinwheel attack or charges.

TrentallicA
6 months ago#8
I think I’ll practice using Ancient Armor.
GT - Trantula45

User Info: Gimmickss

Gimmickss
6 months ago#9
GaelicFlame posted...
TrentallicA posted...

I did this pre backwards comparable. Quite effective and pretty quick to get that gear. (Quick harmony of despair style)
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. More effective sub-weapon grinding combo?
  • Topic Archived