• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Subweapon Leveling and You

User Info: Kirbyiscool19

Kirbyiscool19
8 years ago#41
^Yeah, two masters is only useful in a situation such as Yoko's blue splash, where you pretty much kill Gergoth as soon as he hits the bottom floor.
I am in love, albeit it is four sided as of yet.
Seiichi Omori:Astarte? More like Ass Tart.

User Info: Emperordaein

Emperordaein
8 years ago#42
So do the EXP levels stack or is it the amount of EXP for each individual level? Also, where are the best places to Subweapon grind?
Lets Play Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals! Up now on my blog!
My first LP: http://crpestate.blogspot.com/2009/10/lets-play-fire-emblem-sword-of-seals.html

User Info: DanSidney

DanSidney
8 years ago#43
Those values are the "total" necessary XP. Pretty much until level 7, you need three times as much experience of the previous (it follows a 4^x formula), then you just need a remaining ton to get to 99999. :P

Some good bosses to grind are are Menace, Legion and Beezelbub, but you may as well just bite and go grind in Survival :P
GT: Dan and Nite

User Info: gimtech

gimtech
8 years ago#44
Ya know... Knowing how much exp is needed has kinda made it feel like things lvl up faster... Guess it's easier to approximate "looks like another 30k exp" than "only 45 more pixels to go"

Emperordaein
8 years ago#45
Admittedly, I can't really get any people to join me on a Survival game. What exactly is so good about grinding in survival?
My first LP: http://crpestate.blogspot.com/2009/10/lets-play-fire-emblem-sword-of-seals.html

User Info: ArslanX

ArslanX
8 years ago#46
It's a couple minutes straight of Gergoth in front of you. Equipping an Astral Ring and Master Ring, you get 8 P a hit and you don't care about taking damage. So it's literally just a case of spamming your sub weapons as fast as possible for maximum experience every round.

Emperordaein
8 years ago#47
So it's a boss dodge rush?

So you are meant to sqeeze out every subweapon attack you can from your HP?

Do subweapons with mutiple hits (Crosses, Nitesco, Yoko's Spells, ect) or ones that have mutiple shots (Knives, Shurikens, Pinwheels, Melody, ect) get EXP for each individual hit in a single round?

User Info: ArslanX

ArslanX
8 years ago#48
Yes, each hit from each weapon gives XP. Basically, if it dealt damage, it gave you XP. The exceptions are on enemies that aren't considered kills like the things Menace spits out, Beelzebub's flies, projectiles, etc. Other players in Survival don't give XP either unfortunately. It should also be noted that some weapons only deal damage every few frames like the Axe or Cross. You can level those faster by equipping more than one and shooting multiples with different directionals. Since they are each "different" weapons, they'll all gain XP at that same tick rate.

Yeah, on Gergoth you want to squeeze as many shots out as possible. The real trick though is to get as much HP as possible while not buffing your INT so that your sub weapons remain as weak as possible while giving you more shots per life. You have unlimited lives in Survival Mode, but it takes time to die and reappear which cuts down on leveling effectiveness. Once you get weapons to around level 7-8, you'll find that Gergoth is usually dead before the round is over, so keeping your INT minimized is a great help to that.

User Info: CaptainGordon

CaptainGordon
8 years ago#49
I found Menace Grinding with a Charlotte healing buddy useful for levelling Grando.

With everyone standing together on the platform just above the book in the bottom right corner, facing left and spamming Grando/Knifes (or any subweapons or spells that travel far enough) at Menaces foot, you could potentially have 5 Master/Astral grinders at once, with one Charlotte player spamming heal.

You cant heal fast enough to allow constant BDC spamming any more though.
No one, not even a demon, can deny a man his Pizza Shack Teriyaki Pizza.

User Info: ElectroSpecter

ElectroSpecter
8 years ago#50
Do subweapons still level when you're dead? For example, if I throw out a bunch of Bibles but Gergoth steps on me and I die but the Bibles hit him like 20 more times, am I getting credit for them?
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Subweapon Leveling and You
  • Post New Message