• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Subweapon Leveling and You

User Info: ArslanX

ArslanX
8 years ago#21
Yes, the level 5 cap does indeed apply. Didn't think to test it when I did the research originally but a quick check let me see that nope, you're not getting any XP at that point.

User Info: Shellman704

Shellman704
8 years ago#22
^ this. Even with Master Ring x2 you cannot raise your sub/spell level past lvl6 on normal.
Currently playing: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
XBL: ShellmanQCM PSN: Shellman704

User Info: viviciuszn

viviciuszn
8 years ago#23
<3 love you sir, thanks!

now I know why I was getting no Lv at all with Yoko, my blue splash was being used on normal meneace XD

User Info: crawdad

crawdad
8 years ago#24
It's a real shame this kind of info needed to get hexed out for us to have a full understanding of it, (like the level 5 cap on normal!?! wtf)
GT:Gojirra,PSN: Gojirra102 I seriously sat here for 10 minutes staring at my keyboard trying to think of something witty.and all I could come up with, was this.

User Info: Xigbar13

Xigbar13
8 years ago#25
^ this. Even with Master Ring x2 you cannot raise your sub/spell level past lvl6 on normal.

I got War Drum to level 9 on Normal mode Menace. (It took about 20 minutes to move the bar the inch I needed to get to level 9, but it still worked)
If you really want to listen to visions whenever you want just turn on your vaccum cleaner and press RECORD: Sply_Circo2

User Info: ArslanX

ArslanX
8 years ago#26
That's odd Xigbar. I'll test both Simon's 8 Bit leveling and Fuma's normal mode leveling as well when I get done with work. Shouldn't take long for either.

User Info: ZX_Lucian

ZX_Lucian
8 years ago#27
99999 hits needed to reach Level 9. x_x

Fuma sure as hell better be worth it.
http://www.myfacewhen.com/i/472.gif
http://backloggery.com/zx_lucian/sig.gif

User Info: MacDeeMac

MacDeeMac
8 years ago#28
Fuma was pretty easy to level up and is worth it.

User Info: Mayday

Mayday
8 years ago#29
I got almost all of Jonathan's sub-weapons to level 9 on Normal mode versus Menace because I read a post on here a long time ago and asked if it mattered. It took about 3 hours to get each sub-weapon from 8-9 on Normal Mode. It only takes about a half an hour on Hard.

You can't imagine how stupid I feel for maxing those subs on Normal when clearly Hard is the way to go. It only took me a few hours to max Simon.

So yeah, it takes a long time, but you can still raise your level on Normal all the way to 9.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son"

User Info: JordJuba

JordJuba
8 years ago#30
Dunno how useful this'd be to anyone, but here's how it translates to hits:

http://i55.tinypic.com/fd5ycp.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Subweapon Leveling and You
  • Post New Message