• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. A Beginner's guide to this game.

User Info: Marneshi

Marneshi
9 years ago#31
Yeah it doesn't seem too popular on LUE for some reason.

We should play sometime, Live name is BlackjackPro021
SteamID: [LUE] Marneshi
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/609/dansithhy4.jpg

User Info: amberlink

amberlink
9 years ago#32

We should play sometime, Live name is BlackjackPro021

We should...though I should state I lack a mic for the 360 since it doesn't use normal things and such <.<;

Gamertag is Darklinkq though
Pokemon Pearl FC: 4768-3929-7345
SSBB FC: 2621-2290-7068

User Info: BMcDohl

BMcDohl
9 years ago#33
Also, information from the luck thread has brought some light to the use of luck regarding boss chests. This, so far, only applies to boss chests.

When you open a chest, the game picks a random short list of possible treasure from the total possible treasure the boss can drop. It then applies an algorithm on each item in the series to see if you get that item. If the check fails, then it moves down to the next item on the list until you get something.

The interesting part is that on normal to rare items, the algorithm includes luck as normal. Luck in this case increases your chances of obtaining an item. But on the super rare items (yasutsuna, valmanway) luck is NOT part of it. It has it's own formula.

What this means is: luck is bad when trying for rares. You want the formula check for the common items to fail and the only way you can influence this is by keeping your luck as low as possible. Hopefully it will fail enough times to allow you the chance for your Death's Scythe.

Summary: you want items galore? Increase luck. You want valmanway? Decrease luck.
Estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth!
Burning inside, with violent anger, Sephiroth!
Uh...wow...this is one Great FAQ!

This really needs to be tagged!

Great Job!

User Info: xLexLuth0rx

xLexLuth0rx
9 years ago#35
Nice post... Thx for typing all that out. :)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."

User Info: dunhaxplz

dunhaxplz
9 years ago#36
Should add something about the screen size...

First thing anyone should do before playing the game is change the screen size options to include 2x as well as 3x. You can press in the right analog to change the zoom. You don't have to play with your character super tiny.

User Info: xLexLuth0rx

xLexLuth0rx
9 years ago#37

Should add something about the screen size...

First thing anyone should do before playing the game is change the screen size options to include 2x as well as 3x. You can press in the right analog to change the zoom. You don't have to play with your character super tiny.

The OP mentioned this in the 2nd paragraph...
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."

User Info: Howatizer

Howatizer
9 years ago#38

Why did this get stickied

THIS SUCKS

belongs in FAQ

While it may belong in a FaQ, it is still useful as a sticky.

I do see you get around though and it is fail now that before you tried to defend your "trolling" as pure opinion.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Mohandas Gandhi

User Info: Bluharvest

Bluharvest
9 years ago#39
This is quality information, I for one, am glad it achieved sticky status.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/572213-wastelands
who doesnt love pies?

User Info: MrFingerKnives

MrFingerKnives
9 years ago#40
I was debating over getting this game, but thanks to this topic I felt confident in buying it. Thank you for the info, enjoying the game.
Blood follows blood
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. A Beginner's guide to this game.
  • Post New Message