• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Weird 2ds XL Quirk

User Info: TrevorMachismo

TrevorMachismo
1 month ago#1
So I noticed that to the right of the d-pad, if you press down too hard, it'll cause a little distortion on the touch screen. You know, like touching a laptop screen. I don't NORMALLY press down in that area, but it bothers me that it's possible and could cause screen damage. Anyone notice this issue? Any accessories available to prevent it? Just in case?

User Info: BlanketPI

BlanketPI
1 month ago#2
That's true of any LCD screen. It doesn't cause any damage, it just changes how the liquid crystals distort light due to pressure. They fairly quickly realign themselves once you release.
Remember: If you don't have anything nice to say, welcome to the Internet.

TrevorMachismo
1 month ago#3
It's just that the other models didn't do that because they had a solid plastic barrier around it. The old 2DS did this as well, and I ended up with dead pixels on that side of the screen. I was beginning to think that was why the more I've thought about it since posting. Just want to make sure this stays in top condition. New replacements might get expensive or hard to come by in a short while.

TrevorMachismo
4 weeks ago#4
Still curious if anyone is having this similar issue. Keep in mind, I'm not touching the screen. I'm touching the plastic area to the right of the dpad and the left of the screen. If I put pressure on it, it distorts the lcd screen. Anyone else notice this? Any accessories to help avoid it? I know "just don't touch it" is the most obvious answer, but I've got OCD, and I don't mean self diagnosis. Thanks in advance.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 weeks ago#5
honestly that doesn’t sound ok, my N3DSXL does not do this

TrevorMachismo
4 weeks ago#6
that's because it has the plastic border around the screen. The 2DS XL does not. Makes me think I need to buy a 3DSXL, but I'd rather just find a solution for my current system. Don't want to have a dead bottom screen one day because i keep slipping up and smashing down on the screen.

User Info: RJP_X

RJP_X
3 weeks ago#7
jeez, thankfully i haven't noticed that yet. not using it atm, but my next game might be on it.

makes me nervous to use it in case i notice it. although i don't think i applied pressure in that spot either.

i did notice something weird though, most of the buttons appear to be compacted, however when i was using a flash light i noticed on the d-pad that it looks like you can see right to the bottom like there's no guard there like the other buttons and movement pads do. not sure if its suppose to look like that.

i get overly worked up myself and stressed, especially since these are no longer being manufactured, and i have digital purchases.
''Hey I ain't ugly! I'm just way below average!!!'' -Genocide Jill.
PSN: RJP_X

User Info: bobaban

bobaban
3 weeks ago#8
Why exactly are you exerting pressure on that spot?

its rhetorical, don’t.

TrevorMachismo
3 weeks ago#9
When you have OCD, and you notice something like that, you can’t unnotice it. It has become all I see and makes it very difficult to try and play.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Weird 2ds XL Quirk
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A