• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What are the chances Nintendo discontinues the eshop on 3DS?

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#21
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
Actually Wii and DS online game servers.

No, that was Gamespy. Nintendo used Gamespy services and many PS3 + PC and other games used Gamespy too.
Gamespy went down. Had nothing to do with Nintendo.
At best you can blame them for using Gamespy, but as I said many other PC games also used Gamespy. It was not a stupid Nintendo choice. And games have been offline since then.

Still some people created their own servers which makes Mario Kart Wii and others playable again.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#22
Taaron posted...
What are the chances Nintendo discontinues the eshop on 3DS?

100%

What are the chances any digital shop will get discontinued at some point?
100%.
It's only a question when.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: nightwing3415

nightwing3415
1 month ago#23
Besides the big ones like mario, pokemon, donkey kong, kirby, etc
what are must buys as far as virtual console and other past gen games go?
FC: 2509-3702-6687 IGN TRAE TSV: AS 0159 Y 2486 switch: SW-2123-90928731 http://tinyurl.com/nrbuer5

User Info: wackywong

wackywong
1 month ago#24
Nothing is a must buy. I bought most games on nostalgia. I wouldn't recommend Balloon Kid to anyone but it was my first Game Boy I ever played. So it was a must buy for me.

Rose-tinted nostalgia aside, I think you can't go wrong with Gargoyle's Quest and Bionic Commando (GB).
FC: 1779-2746-8881 (GMT+1, Europe), DA: 7A00-0013-859B (HongKong)
Purple Dolphin (not until 2021): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClyOw6AjTu5McuOWZgxK0Sw
nightwing3415 posted...
Wario Land 2 and 3 and Zelda Oracles.
Someday I'm hoping to close my eyes and pretend, that this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 month ago#26
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
Wario Land 2 and 3 and Zelda Oracles.

If you've got a New 3DS I'd say Earthbound and Super Metroid are ones you really don't want to miss. I know they're on Switch but playing them with the Switch's D-Pad and shoulder buttons aren't ideal sadly. I think the 3DS has the perfect set-up for SNES games.
PSN ID: Adamight Nintendo FC: SW-7107-7946-6201

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 weeks ago#27
nightwing3415 posted...

Maybe look up review scores on this site and see what the most popular games for those platforms are...?
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.whitneyrines.com/

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
3 weeks ago#28
I don't see the eShop closing anytime soon. Probably 2023 at the earliest.

Adam_Ace posted...
If you've got a New 3DS I'd say Earthbound and Super Metroid are ones you really don't want to miss. I know they're on Switch but playing them with the Switch's D-Pad and shoulder buttons aren't ideal sadly. I think the 3DS has the perfect set-up for SNES games.

The Switch does have a specific SNES controller for NSO games you can buy.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
3 weeks ago#29
If the Wii is any reference at all, the shop for the 3DS will not close until 2024 at the earliest. The installbase is still fairly huge, and late 2018 and early 2019 gave us some pretty big games like that Mario and Luigi BiS remake, Kirby's Epic Yarn remake, Yo-Kai Watch 3 and Blasters, Persona Q2, and is, like the Vita, still fairly well supported by indy developers (although the Vita seems to be significantly more supported)

And as mentioned by other people, the 3DS and WiiU both use the ''Nintendo eShop'' servers, rather than the ''Wii shop channel'' and ''DSi Shop channel'' both of which ran their separate store (Nintendo Points were not shared, unlike all three version of the eShop). So my guess is taht even when the shop close for the WiiU and 3DS, Nintendo will likely pull off a Sony PSP and still allow us to have a limited version of the shop where you can redownload your purchassed games for a couple more years (PSP Shop closed in 2015, but you can still download your games)
Switch FC: SW-3869-5210-1124
www.twitch.tv/neoarashi - Currently streaming: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What are the chances Nintendo discontinues the eshop on 3DS?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A