• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What 3DS type do you main/daily?

User Info: bobaban

bobaban
1 month ago#31
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/7/5/6/AAKbRpAABETM.jpg

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 month ago#32
Well at the moment I have 4 handhelds which I main (I know that sounds excessive but generally I go through periods where I just want to play through particular games) at the moment it's...

New Nintendo 3DS
Simply put, I'm sure like most of you guys, the OG 3DS or XL was the first model I owned. However the moment the New 3DS came out, I had no reason to keep it especially with the clamshell design issue damaging the screen. Between the New 2DS, New 3DS, New 3DS XL I ultimately decided to stick with the regular New 3DS mostly because it retains the full feature set available on the 3DS but what made me choose it over the XL honestly was just the cover plates. Yeah I'm dead serious, when I bought the console I started collecting them and it was nice.

Nintendo DS Lite
Without any doubt in my mind the best way to play GBA games. I know for those with big hands it may be an issue but the screen looks nicer, the battery lasts longer and the DS already had the best Nintendo library in my opinion so I've never let this one go.

PSP 3000
To put it simply this and the PSP Go are the best versions of the PSP. The screen looks incredible, the battery life is longer, they both have a wider colour gamut and the PSP has one of the best homebrew scenes any console has ever had. Also the analog stick on this one feels good. The PSP Go has an amazing form factor that feels great to have in the pocket but Sony locking it to their specific hardware makes downloading s*** SOOOO SLOW.

PS Vita Slim
Had an OLED version of the console and while the screen was amazing it resulted in burn in which... makes me sad. The slim looks great and has slightly tweaked battery life. A lot of the Vita's games were ported to switch which I also own but I prefer playing a lot of them on Vita when I'm on the go like digimon story cyber sleuth.

PS Vita Slim
PSN ID: Adamight Nintendo FC: SW-7107-7946-6201

User Info: Manah

Manah
4 weeks ago#33
New 3DS XL, blue. Still annoyed that the Majora's Mask one was announced less than three months after I bought it (had to buy one because my old regular XL self-amputated its top part)
3DS FC - 0877-0881-6378
My only 3ds is a hello kitty new 3ds from Japan. I plan to get a new 3dsll at some point to act as a backup just incase something were to happen.
Japanese 3DS Fc:1822-2063-3814
Psn and Instagram : "asthmatic_glock"

User Info: ArcadianVyse

ArcadianVyse
4 weeks ago#35
Richardwilliams posted...
My only 3ds is a hello kitty new 3ds from Japan. I plan to get a new 3dsll at some point to act as a backup just incase something were to happen.
I never knew there was a hello kitty themed 3ds.... Interesting. I wonder what other companies were allowed to add branding?
Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.
Matthew 6:34 NABRE

User Info: Gun_Empress

Gun_Empress
4 weeks ago#36
Nowdays I use a 2ds XL.
Order and Chaos

User Info: Luminaut

Luminaut
4 weeks ago#37
The original, first edition Nintendo 3DS is pretty great.
It might have the best hinge. The hinge feel super solid even after years. It has the best stylus. It's light and easy to carry.

The original 2DS feels solid and secure. Not having a hinge helps. I have issues with it going into sleep mode on its own and not warning about the battery until the emergency flashing red lights. But I left it on, plugged in, collecting Pokémon X Friend Safaris for HOURS. The stylus is made of the hardest, scratchiest plastic. The other system's styluses all have softer plastic.

The New 2DS XL top screen part of the clam shell feels mildly wobbly and flimsy to me. The sliding cartridge cover seems unnecessary. Otherwise, it's great. The larger screens are excellent. No 3D of course.

The eye tracking 3D in the New Nintendo 3DS XL is a significant upgrade for that feature. And the 3D is more effective on the larger screen. The hinge does not feel as secure as the OG 3DS hinge. Overall excellent. This is the system I'd get if I knew I was just going to leave it at home.

I've tried the original 3DS, 2DS, New 2DS XL, and the New 3DS XL. All of them feel like excellent, durable Nintendo products.
ORAS: 1418-7330-0892
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
4 weeks ago#38
Luminaut posted...
The original, first edition Nintendo 3DS is pretty great.
It might have the best hinge. The hinge feel super solid even after years. It has the best stylus. It's light and easy to carry.

The original 2DS feels solid and secure. Not having a hinge helps. I have issues with it going into sleep mode on its own and not warning about the battery until the emergency flashing red lights. But I left it on, plugged in, collecting Pokémon X Friend Safaris for HOURS. The stylus is made of the hardest, scratchiest plastic. The other system's styluses all have softer plastic.

The New 2DS XL top screen part of the clam shell feels mildly wobbly and flimsy to me. The sliding cartridge cover seems unnecessary. Otherwise, it's great. The larger screens are excellent. No 3D of course.

The eye tracking 3D in the New Nintendo 3DS XL is a significant upgrade for that feature. And the 3D is more effective on the larger screen. The hinge does not feel as secure as the OG 3DS hinge. Overall excellent. This is the system I'd get if I knew I was just going to leave it at home.

I've tried the original 3DS, 2DS, New 2DS XL, and the New 3DS XL. All of them feel like excellent, durable Nintendo products.

You know what I like about this dudes comment? He is determined with all his heart to get that hinge just right!
PSN ID: Adamight Nintendo FC: SW-7107-7946-6201

User Info: ArcadianVyse

ArcadianVyse
4 weeks ago#39
WOW, we hit over 200 votes! Thankyou to everyone who keeps this board alive. Handheld gaming was special! This young generation will never know the majic of portables, and the infinite struggle with batteries for that matter! Anywho, portable handhelds are being put to rest with 3DS now leaving us. I hope we can all remember how much fun we had with the DS family and Gameboys before it.

Have a good day everyone! 👍😀
Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.
Matthew 6:34 NABRE

User Info: outworld222

outworld222
4 weeks ago#40
ArcadianVyse posted...
WOW, we hit over 200 votes! Thankyou to everyone who keeps this board alive. Handheld gaming was special! This young generation will never know the majic of portables, and the infinite struggle with batteries for that matter! Anywho, portable handhelds are being put to rest with 3DS now leaving us. I hope we can all remember how much fun we had with the DS family and Gameboys before it.

Have a good day everyone! 👍😀

ya man spoken for truth.

here’s my sweet 3DS.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/7/2/0/AAaqFFAABFgw.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What 3DS type do you main/daily?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A