• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3 years later, what are your thoughts on Metroid Samus Returns?

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#61
final_lap posted...
It's a whopping 39.99.
That stinks, sorry to hear it man

User Info: Gun_Empress

Gun_Empress
1 month ago#62
The reason I started to buy the GBA titles. I have Fusion but I still need the other one.
Order and Chaos

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 weeks ago#63
It's an okay game, but the counter mechanic got old fast and the game would've been a lot prettier if it had just been sprite-based. Also, the last boss is stupid. You can cheese it, but it's still stupid. The game handles well, somewhat like Zero Mission, but it's made awkward because of the 2.5D nature of the game. I'm not sure why people like 2.5D.

Overall, it's an okay game for a single playthrough. It just has no replay value. Sure, there's harder difficulties, but unless they change enemy types/give them better AI, I don't see the draw.

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
4 weeks ago#64
Gun_Empress posted...
The reason I started to buy the GBA titles. I have Fusion but I still need the other one.

Zero Mission, is really expensive in Europe. It's weird because in my opinion it's controls are the best I've ever used in any game and I'm dead serious about that. The way Samus moves is absolutely fluid. I'm buying GBA titles ATM and got my hands on Pinball too because... w-well I mean it's pinball.

As for Samus Returns, it's a good title. It offers plenty more than Metroid 2 did but due to it's design it's not quite as fun to explore in my opinion.
PSN ID: Adamight Nintendo FC: SW-7107-7946-6201

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 weeks ago#65
Adam_Ace posted...
Zero Mission, is really expensive in Europe. It's weird because in my opinion it's controls are the best I've ever used in any game and I'm dead serious about that. The way Samus moves is absolutely fluid. I'm buying GBA titles ATM and got my hands on Pinball too because... w-well I mean it's pinball.

As for Samus Returns, it's a good title. It offers plenty more than Metroid 2 did but due to it's design it's not quite as fun to explore in my opinion.

AM2R is a Metroid 2 remake with Zero Mission controls. Might be better if you liked Zero Mission that much. It also has options for exploration and sequence breaking, like shuffling around powerup locations, or letting you start a new game with all the liquid lowered except the pool blocking the final boss.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.whitneyrines.com/
Just beat it at 15 hour mark, amazing remake! The melee counter should have been more optional as enemies are way too aggressive but other than that + robot boss final phase it was near perfect 9/10. Def one of the better Metroids.
Someday I'm hoping to close my eyes and pretend, that this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.

User Info: The_Cysko_Kid

The_Cysko_Kid
3 weeks ago#67
It's the best 2D metroid period.

That's my opinion and I won't be swayed from it by super metroid.

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
3 weeks ago#68
Enjoyable game though nothing amazing.
Hi

User Info: Lahabrea

Lahabrea
3 weeks ago#69
It was a good game and I could 100% it, except I have not been able to defeat Ridley. And I'm just on Normal Mode, I shudder to think what the harder modes have to offer.
And from the deepest pit of the seven hells to the very pinnacle of the heavens, the world shall tremble!
Unleash Ultima!

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
3 weeks ago#70
Lahabrea posted...
It was a good game and I could 100% it, except I have not been able to defeat Ridley. And I'm just on Normal Mode, I shudder to think what the harder modes have to offer.
Use the beam burst/rapid fire on Ridley to cheese him. You'll tear through his phases incredibly fast.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3 years later, what are your thoughts on Metroid Samus Returns?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A